was wondering about feedback
    xenian
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

was wondering about feedback

by xenian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 pm

i noticed that a lot of campaigns do really really well, but i can not catch what it is they are doing RIGHT, and i was wondering if there was a place where i can ask some one to check out my http://ToxicBiology.com/ campaign and tell me what i am doing RIGHT and what i am doing WRONG, and what i can do BETTER. i'm not sure if there is a subforum here for that or what.

thanks for any advice!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: was wondering about feedback

by sbriggman » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:57 pm

With regards to doing right, here are some checklist item's I've put together: http://www.crowdcrux.com/crowdfunding-c ... checklist/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    xenian
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by xenian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:25 pm

thansk man, i appreciate the tips!
    CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CrowdFund Genius » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Your video wasn't bad, I can tell you really believe in this cause. As per Mr Briggmans checklists, use it. Theres alot their, like changing the camera angle? or even cutting away to images of patients that need help. You got the perfect background music that makes it intriguing. At the end of your video you pointed out that they could share it or tweet about it and that was a nice call to action at the end of the video.

Your perks need a complete overhaul. Theirs not alot of value in there. You could possibly write an e-book or a collection of stories of individuals you already interviewed or spoke with as a perk. But you have to get creative for your perks. You might be able to find someone locally to sponsor your campaign. I would also contact all local news agencies and tell your story to them as well. I would leave out the part about you going to medical school.

What you did really really well was tell your story. Alot of first time crowdfunders forget to tell how they came up with the idea or any background behind it but you aced it.

CrowdFund Genius
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    xenian
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by xenian » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:32 am

thanks for your reply @crowdfund-genius. i liked the part about contacting local news agencies. i also believe you are right about the perks, but i can not think of a better way to do them. i was thinking to do a seperate-and-accompanying documentary on the people who suffer, but it seems there is already a long list of these "sob stories" out there. i wanted mine to focus on "education" and "the cure". and the documentary will be freely available on the site, and will be continually updated occasionally, so, i'm kinda stuck on perks... lol.

thanks again!
    CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CrowdFund Genius » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Education and the cure. Have you tried using Vine? The app? 6 second videos, people who need help could submit questions to you via Vine by using a hashtag directly related to your project, or even youtube, you could host a Q&A on twitter, and answer all questions via youtube to raise awareness about your cause. Just a thought. Also, I'm not anywhere in your field, but usually if there is a large abundance of stories, like the sob stories, it could be because its working. Not always the case but a possibility. As far as perks go, you can use sites like fiverr.com to add a variety of "Services" perks, as well as sites like zazzle.com for memorabilia type perks.

CrowdFund Genius
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    xenian
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by xenian » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:14 am

CrowdFund Genius wrote:you could host a Q&A on twitter, and answer all questions via youtube to raise awareness about your cause.

i like that idea. i might see what i can do with that... thanks!