Kickstarter Videos and Metrics
  • zepernick79
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Kickstarter Videos and Metrics

by zepernick79 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Hey community, my name is Jason. My wife and I recently took the plunge into our first kickstarter campaign. My question is after 12 hours of our campaign being live, we have seen over 150 video views from our dashboard, however at this point only 4 pledges. I will admit my video was made by us and not a professional ad agency. They said it didn't have to be professional rather "just you". Ok back to my question, is this normal to see? I started thinking right away oh no redo the video, make it better something. Am I getting ahead of myself or what have others experienced that ran successful campaigns. Is it people searching and browsing or just our video stinks? Thanks I have 20 days left and wanted to edit anything I can at this point to help us along. Your feedback on this subject is greatly appreciated..

CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Kickstarter Videos and Metrics

by CrowdFund Genius » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Do you have a link to your campaign? So everyone can take a look?

CrowdFund Genius
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
  • zepernick79
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by zepernick79 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Ha! Yes we do. The link to the campaign for littlebigwallet is http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pan ... big-wallet.

Thanks any improvements even though already running would be greatly appreciated
    CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CrowdFund Genius » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:42 pm

A Blockbuster card? They still have those. :) jk.

Your video was great in my opinion, perfect timing, demonstrated the product, you were passionate, didn't linger. Lighting could've been a bit better but overall it was good.

All you need is buzz. Iphone cases, especially on Kickstarter are over saturated. Are you out there on social media? You need to create buzz. Try hosting a contest and asking everyone to share it on Twitter and Facebook, and everyday (or week depending on the success of the project) one person that backs your project will receive a free (refund) Little Big wallet.

Another idea would be to add different colors, and more rewards. NFL playoffs are big right now, maybe they would want something thats team colors, offer that at a higher price maybe. Go on twitter and showcase your new Little Big Wallet by following hashtags of the teams playing. Tweet pictures of the team colored wallets during the games this weekend or next. Same can be done for basketball, college basketball, womens college basketball. Skies the limit with "team colors."

But I don't believe its your video. It was great.

CrowdFund Genius
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
  • zepernick79
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by zepernick79 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Wow thanks for the fast responses, thanks as well for the valuable input. I guess we get so caught up in our product itself and kickstarter requirements that unique marketing ideas fell between the cracks. I was wondering since we were getting some views on it but not getting the responses via pledge. I agree there are a lot of phone cases flooding the market, and the aspect of colors is a great move. Appreciate your help once again
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Crowdfundgenius is on point. You also can add more videos, just upload on Vimeo or YouTube and link in the story page.

You also have to think of conversion rate beyond video plays vs pledges. You have more video plays then I do at this point and I have 3 days left.

You must get as much visibility as possible. This is a year of marketing and possible capital capture in a small time frame (30 to 60 days) so doing everything possible to get potential backers to your project is essential to getting into the green.

For instance: this thread will be here for the duration of your project. Go to your forum dashboard and to your signature and add a link!!

It is free! So even if you only get one pledge via this portal, that is one more pledge to your goal! Given enough time and enough water, a thimble could fill an ocean.
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm

I have provided some information regarding video metrics below:

http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/kind-conv ... ter-video/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.