DEAD AIR - digital comic book
  • deadaircomic
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

DEAD AIR - digital comic book

by deadaircomic » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:36 am

Hi folks,

Just wanted to share my project with you all -- DEAD AIR, a digital comic book designed for tablet devices, and inspired by horror comics of the 1950s.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2133540771/dead-air-0

We've managed to raise $3,175 of $7,000, with 19 days in which to reach our goal.

DEAD AIR has been a labor of love for the last three years and is the result of long-held desire (since the late 90s) to reinvent the comic book for the digital age and help create a new market for comic book artists.

Built around a bespoke format, DEAD AIR is what I like to call a cinematic comic book: single-panel pages enriched by subtle camera moves, animated elements and atmospheric soundscapes, with an interactive feature that allows readers to ‘peel back’ a coloured page to view the original line art.

Here's a demonstration video:

https://vimeo.com/67789262

Inspired by the horror stories found in the pages of EC Comics’ now legendary bi-monthly 'The Vault of Horror' and 'Tales from the Crypt' anthologies from the 1950s, DEAD AIR is a three-issue mini-series about a gang of amateur ghost hunters who get more than they bargained for when they visit the scene of a gruesome murder-suicide. Such was its gruesomeness, the spirits of the perpetrator and his victims are forever trapped at the scene, waiting to inhabit the mind and body of anyone who gets close enough so they can experience the horror first-hand.

As you can see in the demonstration video above, issue 1 of DEAD AIR has been completed and is ready to go.

The artwork for the remaining issues is finished; all that’s left to do is build those issues and produce the respective soundscapes.

Once issues 2 and 3 are finished, we will then release issue 1 via iTunes on March 1st, 2014 as a free download, with issues 2 and 3 to follow in two-week intervals, with a proposed purchase price of $2.99 each.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: DEAD AIR - digital comic book

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:31 am

Some very beautiful art. Congrats on the pledges you have attracted to date! Let me know how I can help. Have you seen any of the promotions going on in the the forum? They are at the top of the general discussion thread
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.