A Black Man Knocks On Hollywood's Doors...
  • JBrandon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

A Black Man Knocks On Hollywood's Doors...

by JBrandon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 am

...a GATEKEEPER pulls open the gates, sizes up the stranger...

GATEKEEPER
    Pass?

The Black man, JAI BRANDON, hands the gatekeeper his short film, After Death.

The gatekeeper takes the film, studies the token. He looks back to Jai with scrutinizing eyes. Jai stands confident, a pillar of strength, awaiting the gatekeeper's decision. The gatekeeper nods, steps aside.

Jai Brandon enters the hallowed grounds of Hollywood, smile plastered across his face.

So this is how it works in the dream I've played over and over in my head :D

You can see a trailer for the film I've referenced here: [url]kickstarter.com/projects/jbrandon/after-death-the-festival-run[/url] Please consider pledging and helping me on this path to Hollywood. I would also appreciate spreading the word. I'm only one person, without connections, and have never been featured as a Kickstarter Staff Pick. I need all the help I can get! Many thanks and good luck to you all in your projects.

-J

EDIT: Also, I'd be remiss not to thank Sal for running the show ;) Much appreciated!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: A Black Man Knocks On Hollywood's Doors...

by sbriggman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Lol at your edit. The forum promotion we have going on might help. It's called "I'll back your campaign": kickstarter.com/projects/jbrandon/after-death-the-festival-run
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • JBrandon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JBrandon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Sal. Just got in on it!
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:55 am

Jbrandon
    I can not pledge until Friday but will tweet your project and FB share now!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • JBrandon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JBrandon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:18 am

That means a ton to me, Ulysses! Always great to see the good ones get ahead. Much appreciated!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:37 am

@JBrandon Feel free to tweet @kickstartforum. I try to retweet projects every other day or so. P.s. Do you read any kind of blogs related to film or your niche? Always curious to find the best blogs in various industries.
  • JBrandon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JBrandon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Will be sending a tweet your way shortly :)

Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with blogs. You may already know about the main ones in my industry:

for writers - http://johnaugust.com/
    for movies - http://www.indiewire.com/blogs

Was looking for others before I found this site. There's an avalanche of them out there!
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:01 pm

Jai,
    Thanks, keep hustling.

I thank I am reposting, but did I tll you guys how I met Jeff and Diane, the founders of the Canadian clothing company Cole and Parker?

I sold them a bedroom suite (for either Jeff's or Diane's mother's condo in Del Mar) and when they mentioned how they liked my salesmanship
    I said I learned so much about sales from the crowdfunding community or said," you should see my sales pitch on Kickstarter." I don't recall
    exactly what I said....... so they give each other that couples look--you know, the look that speaks volumes that only long time couples can share--but then they said
    "We ran a 42k on Indiegogo early this year!"

I was floored!!!! Some of you know what I did next--I tried to network, ask for a dollar pledge so they could follow me and give me support. They declined. At the time I did not know why--and still am not sure--but I am glad they did. They gave me a bit of advice that I have incorporated into my growing cache of skills.

"You just got to hustle."

Jai, and all of you who joined in this pledge drive (I hope it becomes a "thing" we creators do on this forum and hope it spreads to other forums, we NEED to stick together, some of us do not have the resources to employ an entire team of campaign staff, or hire someone to just manage the social media platforms) I can not thank you enough!! I will back you back (how meta!) when I get paid on Friday. I also want to tweet and Facebook share each of your campaigns. I have done so with Jai's and Emma's already--but I don't want to do them all at once, I am learning www.buffer.com now so I will try to schedule them during the suggested times buffer gives to tweet and share.

Keep going!

And hustle!
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • JBrandon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JBrandon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:33 pm

And that's the name of the game: a constant hustle to get ahead. And once you make it, you have to hustle to stay on top!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Love buffer. Best $10/month investment I think i've ever had. I also use evernote a lot rather than bookmarks to keep track of clippings. Good for when you are researching for a campaign and want to remember things: http://evernote.com/webclipper/