Need your opinion
  • kneyrus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Need your opinion

by kneyrus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 am

First I'd like to ask for everyone's opinion on this campaign http://kck.st/1iX9Crk
    It was promoted over the Hobbit weekend, as author has a direct connection to the film, but I'm afraid it might have gotten lost in all of the other info about the film. Is there anything that jumps at you as needed to be changed? There is a marketing campaign about to launch and we'd like to implement changes while we still can.

Also has anyone worked with or heard of kinshipmarketing crowdfunding?
    Are there any great low budget marketing companies proven to get good results?

Thanks.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Need your opinion

by sbriggman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:45 am

Seems very beautiful. My main question would be what kind of marketing have you been doing and have you been courting travel blogs at all? If you decide to go with them, please leave a review on this post.

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:47 am

See this review: "No stars, a completer rip off, STAY AWAY They took our money to help market a documentary that we were making, never followed thorough with one email or referral or contact once they were paid.
    They guaranteed their service through Pay pal and when I listed my dispute..Paypal responded since they are service provider and no goods changed hands I could not get a refund.

I have written 5 times with no response to Jack, the reviews here are probably written by friends or employs, they prey on crowd funding campaigns, nice business if you can get it. I have made it my mission to make sure everyone knows they are fake.

We have a very short window of time, everyone on the doc was doing this pro-bono and I was willing to pay them to help us get the word out...NOTHING...seriously
    BURN YOUR MONEY BEFORE YOU GIVE IT TO THEM." - via Yelp

Source: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kinship-marketing-portland
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • kneyrus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kneyrus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Thank you for heads up. I've been following their twitter for a few days and looking back seems like they do promote campaigns, but better be save than sorry.

We have been reaching Travel and Photography bloggers for awhile now, submitting PR on all major PR sites and Following up with Narnia and LOTR/Hobbit fan sites, as they are very much familiar with the author and his work. Promoting on all social medias, personal and business of all partners involved. That is why I am curious if anyone can spot anything that might be turning people away from pledging?

Few things I am working on now is separating Narnia and Hobbiton prints into their own pledges, that might help to target the right audience. We also partnered with Visit Somerset in Somerset, UK who is promoting campaign to local businesses to sell the ads.

We were prepared that film premier and holiday season might either make it or break it, so we went with 60 days to have extra time. That might be the reason for a slow response as well. 2nd wave of PR will be going out in the next few days. Looking into grabbing your Gold PR package as well.
  • Jetchill
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jetchill » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Just read this we are using http://kinshipmarketing.com and nothing back so this could be a scam. I only had $300 left for our pr after spending all our money on R&D, so if I have been ripped of, I will tell the world (my followers at least)

I have also logged with paypal, they don't do anything for the first 7 days, so I can update you on this as we go, we have just gone live anyway.

Also we have a small fan base, very hard when products are not invented to build though, any thoughts on this would be great.

Colin