New Kickstarter Campaign: Remedy The Card Game
    sheeptree
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

New Kickstarter Campaign: Remedy The Card Game

by sheeptree » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Hello! My name is Rena and I have just launched my very first Kickstarter campaign 3 days ago!

It's a card game in which players' goals are to be the first to eradicate the illness on the board. It's a small game that mixes simple math with silly characters to create a fun narrative between players. I really think it's a fun game! Rules are easy to learn so anyone can play it and I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the game itself from play testers.

Progress is slow so far so any feedback you can give on the campaign page or advice on how to reach more potential backers would be appreciated!

Check out the project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sh ... -card-game

Thank you!

Crazy Commute is on Kickstarter!
    To learn more or show your support, please visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sheeptree/crazy-commute
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: New Kickstarter Campaign: Remedy The Card Game

by hyperstarter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:34 am

Hi, I think your campaign is ok. You've got most of the page elements covered and you're rated 60/100 on our Hyperstarter.com site.

It reminds me a bit of Plants and Zombies. I think where it's lacking is that there's not enough variations of cards on the page. The poop and toilet water is a bit disgusting, which I guess is what you want to achieve - but by adding these images, you're also limiting your audience.

What are you going to do next in terms of promotion?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    sheeptree
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sheeptree » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:54 am

hyperstarter wrote:Hi, I think your campaign is ok. You've got most of the page elements covered and you're rated 60/100 on our Hyperstarter.com site.

It reminds me a bit of Plants and Zombies. I think where it's lacking is that there's not enough variations of cards on the page. The poop and toilet water is a bit disgusting, which I guess is what you want to achieve - but by adding these images, you're also limiting your audience.

What are you going to do next in terms of promotion?

Thanks for your input! I've never actually heard of hyperstarter.com until now. I just checked it out and it's very informative!

I'll definitely add some more sample card images to the campaign.

In terms of promotion, I'm still pretty new. I've reached out to some bloggers and the normal social media like Twitter and Facebook of course, but I don't really know what else to do besides that. My budget for PR and advertising is pretty low...like close to $0 low so that rules out all these PR firms that have been flooding my inbox.
    To learn more or show your support, please visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sheeptree/crazy-commute
  • ManuelP
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ManuelP » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:21 pm

It looks very nice to me.
    I can just add -to what has been already said- as an illustrator, that the graphic is very clean and nice!
    ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:02 am

Looks pretty nice! Where did you get the cards made?
    sheeptree
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sheeptree » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:16 pm

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney wrote:Looks pretty nice! Where did you get the cards made?

I got the prototype made from thegamecrafter.com. They are expensive and lower quality than I'd like but pretty much every other manufacturer only prints in batches of 1000. 1 unit costed me around $20 for a small game like this one; well over how much people are willing to pay for a 50 card game, but they are good for one offs and pictures. I wouldn't recommend going through them for actual production, but they're good for one off prototyping.
  • ADedovets
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ADedovets » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:10 am

There are so many game cards already on the market. How are you planning to differentiate/promote it? And how is it better than other games?
    kieran
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kieran » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:37 am

Love the design and I think you come across well in the promo vid. Be more positive - you have a good product and I am certain there is a niche following.

Get on some relevant facebook groups and start promoting your game... assuming you haven't already done this?