Patent pending furniture, campaign live, looking for advice
  • JonasSoto
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Patent pending furniture, campaign live, looking for advice

by JonasSoto » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi!

I'm currently in need of some advice because I'm having difficulty promoting my campaign.

I invented a new way to make soft furniture and have been developing this for a couple of years.
    Recently I launched my campaign on Kickstarter >>
    http://kck.st/1UDCsKk

I have spent several months preparing my campaign, developing new products and making a video. So much time and energy went into this project.

What are the most efficient ways to promote a product such as mine?
    And what is the best way to spend my budget for the promotion of the campaign?

Thank you in advance!
    Jonas

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Patent pending furniture, campaign live, looking for adv

by hyperstarter » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Jonas, Can we connect.

This campaign is a strange one as you've clearly put alot of time (and money) into your campaign page but the result is one backer...it's surprising to be honest, esp since you've worked in conjunction with so many people.

The feeling from potential backers might be:
    - I'm getting delivered a box (not a chair, table or storage) and then it's being wrapped in prints.

The idea is very cool esp the money and wood series.

I think people need to imagine the situations where they would use it. Personally, printing a photo of say a loved one or my favourite pet and then putting it on a box would be ideal - could you do it?

You could then market this, this idea would be pretty special in terms of keeping a momento rather than a picture in a frame.

Best of luck with the campaign. If you want to test your page or connect for further advice - head on over to Hyperstarter.com
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • JonasSoto
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JonasSoto » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:01 pm

Thank you very much for your feedback @hyperstarter

If for example the pricing would be 50% cheaper, would that make a difference in your opinion?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:26 am

I don't think so, it's not about price it's more to do with letting people imagine using your furniture in different situations. I personally would see it as a 3D photo + the function of a seat or art piece.

Feel free to connect if you want further advice.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • JonasSoto
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JonasSoto » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:21 am

Thanks again.
    It's true that I've been mainly focusing in making the product look good and less in the usability. I'm thinking of adding an extra section in my description with pictures or videos to show all different functions.

How can we connect?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:51 am

OK let's try: email@hyperstarter.com and you can test out your campaign on our site too.
  • RepairX
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by RepairX » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Wow, this product is very cool. I know this will be successful. I am new to kickstarter too but I have already done two campaigns (that failed). I would suggest going to twitter and "following" all twitter accounts related to furniture and design. Most will "follow" you back and when they do, they will see your page and the product you have. Tweet daily about your product or campaign and use a lot of pictures. Do this same thing on Instagram. "Follow" all people related to furniture or design and they will follow you back. Post images daily and use #hashtags related to your product in every post. DO something similar in linkedin. "Connect" with people who could possible view you profile and see your campaign. Add a "press kit" to your page that has a press release, images and video of your product that lets people use these images in blog. Use google drive to make a "dropbox" like link so people can click and download your stuff. If you have some money to spend, use Facebook ads, you twitter ads, use youtube ads, use pinterest ads, and use tumblr ads. Post your link in Facebook groups related to design. Don't spam, just introduce your product in comments related to someones post question. And also check out Jellop.com or fundedtoday.com. They will promote your project for free and then take 5% of your final funding amount if funding is successful. Finally, use kickbooster.me. They give you a link that lets people promote your campaign and upon successful funding they take 10% of that final funding (only if funding is successful). These are the things I have done. Hope this helps you.
  • JonasSoto
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JonasSoto » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:35 am

Thank you very much, this info was very useful.
    I'm certainly going to look into these suggestions!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:58 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Vanessa.Armstrong
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Vanessa.Armstrong » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi there,

Vanessa from Kickbooster here! I came across this conversation and although I am a tad late, I thoughts I'd respond just in case.

I just wanted to clarify that we do not take 10% of the final funding, only of what is actually raised through Kickbooster. You can set the referral reward to any percentage that you want. Obviously the higher the reward, the more enticing the campaign is to promote from a Boosters perspective. We charge 3% on any pledges that come through Kickbooster. So if you set the reward to 10%, you would be charged 13% of any pledges made towards your campaign through Kickbooster.

If your campaign does not meet its funding goal, you are not invoiced for the pledges that came through Kickbooster. It's a Win-Win!

Feel free to reach out to us at team@kickbooster.me if you have any questions!