Having a hard time getting supporters
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Having a hard time getting supporters

by hyperstarter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Err what's the point? Your target is $50 surely you could raise that yourself?

I think the way you're approaching people isn't generating much buzz.

Having a unique poem for the price you're offering is great. It could be related to a birthday, party or confessing love for someone. If you can pitch this way, I'm sure it'll work. Asking to be backed in exchange for a bid back sounds a bit desperate to me!

Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    luisvis
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luisvis » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:52 am

have you tried reaching out to small/blogs and websites? they might be small, but sometimes they are powerful!
  • morkwala
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by morkwala » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks you for starting this discussion. I think I'm in the same boat- 12% funded 27 days to go, though my goal is not that high.
    Since it's beginning I'm reaching my connections but it seems the concept of Kickstarter/crowdfunding is still very new to many people. So I think maybe the creators, who already understand crowdfunding and have Kickstarter accounts, can help each other.

By the way this is my campaign, a cassette for the digital age, if you have a minute to check. http://kck.st/1OdKEV1
    Play!Cassette, a memento of the analog era for the digital age or simply an earphone pouch that takes you back. Please kindly visit my Kickstarter campaign. http://kck.st/1OdKEV1
  • Junketsu
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Junketsu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:01 pm

From what I have seen so far (and not from my own experience), many successful projects already had an audience of followers prior to the launch of their campaign. It seems like a very good idea to build a fanbase before you even embrace the concept of a kickstarter campaign.
  • mphealey
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mphealey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:33 am

I had the same thing - tried the sponsored ads on Facebook too. The campaign ends today and I won't make it - however I think the main thing is to not give up! I'm going to tweak my campaign a little, spend some more time promoting it pre-launch and then go again in August! :)

Matt