Hi everyone / Advice needed
  • msmirelle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hi everyone / Advice needed

by msmirelle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Mirelle, I'm a freelance illustrator (and grad student) and some friends and I decided to put together a Kickstarter campaign that we're planning on launching next week.

Our project is an illustrated anthology, featuring art from 50 artists around the globe. (You can read more about it here: http://thedreamcluster.tumblr.com/)

However, even when we have 50 people with a healthy social media following, I'm not sure we've been able to generate the hype we need to fund our campaign (our goal is set to a little less than 15 000) and other than using sites to promote the campaign, I was wondering if any of you had any advice. Any other advice for a first timer is welcome - and appreciated! - as well.

Also, as an specific question (not sure if I should post this or somewhere else): The biggest chunk of our budget is currently shipping (and even at that, we're not able to cheap everywhere in the world, just Canada, Mexico, USA and European Union), we won't be charging anything extra to our backers for it since it is my understanding that whatever extra they pay for shipping counts towards the end goal of the campaign and so it has to be accounted for in the campaign goal anyway. - I guess my question is: How do you effectively budget for international shipping? How do you know if it's better to limit your shipping to just some countries as opposed to opening up to all over the world?

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hi everyone / Advice needed

by hyperstarter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:29 am

Hi, I think the advice is - when you were putting together this campaign, who did you make friends with along the way - who is able to write about you and has an interest in what you're doing.

Social media is great, but it doesn't automatically translate into backers. Capturing emails should be the main thing you should do right now.

Let me know if you need other tips :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • msmirelle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Hi everyone / Advice needed

by msmirelle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:26 am

Thank you Hyperstarter!

We'll definitely focus on getting our mailing list out there :)