Having a hard time getting supporters
  • ww2kwok
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Having a hard time getting supporters

by ww2kwok » Tue May 10, 2016 5:22 am

Hi,

My campaign is https://igg.me/at/getaverley

I am having a hard time getting people supporting my product. Before the campaign started, I ran a giveaway to collect about 5000 email addresses. However, after my campaign started last week and I announced the campaign to people in my email list, only a few of them made a contribution.

Is it something wrong with my product or my perks? Can anyone give me some advices?

Thanks!

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Having a hard time getting supporters

by therriaultk » Tue May 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Hey, I took a look at your Indiegogo page and it looks pretty good! Your prices seem reasonable, so I don't see why you would have any trouble getting backers. Your suction mat/bows are cute and you show how well they work in the video, plus you have a lot of of high quality pictures.

Other than the email list you collected, where else are you promoting your campaign? Have you thought about reaching out to parenting groups or blogs?

I'll share your campaign, hope things pick up for you soon!

Best,
    Krystine
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • ww2kwok
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ww2kwok » Wed May 11, 2016 4:08 am

Hi Krystine,

Thank you for your reply and thanks for sharing my campaign. I have tried posting to parent groups and forums but all I got was "nice idea", "nice design"... and Facebook "Like".

Maybe my product does not have the "wow" factor that makes people want to get one asap.

I just asked for help from a PR firm and I'll see how it goes.
  • Backerpress

by Backerpress » Sun May 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey There! Welcome to the forum :)

Your campaign page definitely isn't bad and you do have a few thousand supporters. In saying this, you are only at around 20% of your funding goal and will likely need another 200+ backers to hit that funding goal.

Do you have a plan in place to achieve those numbers? How much work are you putting into your project? Were you able to link me to your social media accounts? Also, what PR firm are you looking into working with?

Cheers!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!
  • Backerpress

by Backerpress » Sun May 22, 2016 2:19 pm

ww2kwok wrote:Hi,

My campaign is https://igg.me/at/getaverley

I am having a hard time getting people supporting my product. Before the campaign started, I ran a giveaway to collect about 5000 email addresses. However, after my campaign started last week and I announced the campaign to people in my email list, only a few of them made a contribution.

Is it something wrong with my product or my perks? Can anyone give me some advices?

Thanks!

Hey again,

I just have a quick point to add to your email list conversion dilemma, and that is; turning giveaway entrants into customers is a very difficult task. If the giveaway was for your actual product that you're crowdfunding, then depending on how these users opted in to your email list, timing, target audience and demographics of subscribers, the email you sent to the subscribers, and a few other factors, you can expect anywhere from 10 to 100 people to pledge money towards your project. If your giveaway prize was something unrelated such as cash or an iPad, then you can expect an even lower conversion rate.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. All the best with your project!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!
  • Nejdeh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nejdeh » Tue May 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Hey there.
    I just checked you campaign out and I think you have done a really good job.
    I'm having to hard time finding the right backers myself.
  • Kbrown86
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Kbrown86 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:35 pm

I'm in the same boat. I'm worried that I created the Kickstarter too soon before gaining enough followers for my project? There's 27 days left and I've pushed back my starting date a month already. I'm not sure what to do get more engagement. Should I start buying sponsored ads on Facebook?

Kimberly Brown
    The Peacemakers Project
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... n=1ad64504
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Peacemaker ... 413490911/
    DWOD
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DWOD » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:50 pm

Looks like you have a great product! Wish it was around when my kiddos were a little younger.
  • sarahevans
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sarahevans » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:21 pm

Good campaigns can easily fail if you haven't already built an audience BEFORE the campaign goes up.

Get yourself up a landing page a good 2/3 months before going live. Start building a list, do all you can to get it seen by the press to help you spread the word and build a base of users who are ready to back it as soon as you open the doors.

Useful resource: https://assemble.design/insights/landin ... ign-funded
    Assemble Design - Custom websites and landing pages to kickstart your product
    Betta Games
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Betta Games » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Hey!

So here's the gist of it, I'm trying to get my indiegogo project off the ground with some more backers, and I'm sure you could use the same. So I'd like to offer an exchange. You back me, I back you. I would prefer it to be just $1 but I am willing to go as high as $10.

Benefits
    - Increase pledged amount = increase legitimacy of campaign
    - Getting closer to goal = More likely to be successfully funded
    - Increase number of backers = increase legitimacy of campaign

Also, if you comment on my campaign and say nice things to entice others to join in, I will happily do the same.

Here is the link: https://igg.me/at/B3vzi5Yx9Yo

just reply to me with your campaign link and I will pledge to you before the day is done.

Thank you and have a magical day,
    Zack Applewhite - Betta Games