Question about when starting to promote?
  • firyeve
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Question about when starting to promote?

by firyeve » Wed May 11, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new beginner, thank you everyone for sharing and help me learn new things everyday!

Our team is preparing for future Kickstarter in September. Our game is 40% to finished.
    Everyone have different suggestion in the team regarding when starting to promote and posting everywhere about our game. Some people think 40% is too less content to show off. Some believe that we should just simply let people know about us. I really need your advise...
    For a indie game, when is the best time to starting to push to different website, forums?
    Will people look at us and think it's not playable yet and turn off, or people is willing to wait?
    Please help~Thank you!

• Vanessa
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Question about when starting to promote?

by Vanessa » Thu May 12, 2016 2:35 am

Hi firyeve, what I suggest is you do a research. Go through the gaming forums and websites and see how many half finished games are being promoted and what amount of interest they receive.
    #1 Crowdfunding Campaign Optimization, Crowd Building & Promotion App https://www.krowdster.co/
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Backerpress

by Backerpress » Sun May 22, 2016 2:30 pm

firyeve wrote:Hi everyone,

I am new beginner, thank you everyone for sharing and help me learn new things everyday!

Our team is preparing for future Kickstarter in September. Our game is 40% to finished.
    Everyone have different suggestion in the team regarding when starting to promote and posting everywhere about our game. Some people think 40% is too less content to show off. Some believe that we should just simply let people know about us. I really need your advise...
    For a indie game, when is the best time to starting to push to different website, forums?
    Will people look at us and think it's not playable yet and turn off, or people is willing to wait?
    Please help~Thank you!

Hey Firyeve, Welcome to the forum! :)

As long as your game is semi-playable, in the sense you are able to showcase how it works with some photos/screenshots or better yet, actual gameplay. Just keep in mind that while your product is important, prelaunch marketing should also be your focus. Setup Twitter, Facebook, and any other relevant social media accounts, sign up to forums and community based websites and actively participate in discussions then promote what you're doing when the time is right, setup a landing page/website to start building an email subscribers list that you will need to market your project to after it launches, run a giveaway for either your product or something relevant and promote that to build upon your email subscribers list as well as encourage social interaction, etc. Continue to browse this forum and use Google for more suggestions.

If you need any help with anything, please feel free to reply here, send me a pm, or email me through my website. All the best with your campaign!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!
  • firyeve
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by firyeve » Sun May 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Thank you so so much!! :)  will do!
  • Backerpress

by Backerpress » Mon May 23, 2016 3:27 am

firyeve wrote:Thank you so so much!! :)  will do!

Hey Fireye, not a problem! It was great to meet you. Feel free to send through any other questions that you may have and I will do my best to help you out :)

All the best with the project!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backerpress!