What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • Nathan K
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by Nathan K » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:55 pm

My name is Nathan. My day job is teaching high school English/social studies and my passion if filmmaking. I've been obsessed with movies and writing since I was a kid but only in the last few years have I taken the plunge into becoming a filmmaker. I am working on a film right now called 4 AM that is a tribute to Orson Welles' War of the Worlds radio broadcast and details the impact that a modern version of the broadcast has on one family in a small town in southern Missouri.

I love writing and directing and am trying to learn cinematography

• swenyobrand
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by swenyobrand » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:28 pm

Hey what's up kickstarterforum, nice to join the community! Seems right up my alley :D

My name's Patrick
    I do design, web design and digital marketing for our brand SWENYO in sunny Encinitas, CA.
    Hope to be in touch
  • GlobalTracker
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GlobalTracker » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:24 am

My day job is a Business Analyst in Pharmaceuticals. But my passion is my project I'm working on which is world's first and smallest Global Tracker that will allow you to track ANYONE ANYWHERE ANYTIME! We are in development phase and will be launching a Kickstarter soon!

There are several other tracking devices that use either Bluetooth only that has a limited coverage of 100-200 feet or they use GPS only with local cellular providers that again provide limited coverage, no indoor tracking and hefty monthly fee. Please visit our webpage for more details on the device.

Ishaan
    Founder, WeTraq
    http://www.wetraq.ca/
    Twitter: @isingla
    thebundad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thebundad » Wed May 04, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi there.
    I am Mike, I am a designer/illustrator by day... and my passion projects are creative bits and bobs that have a heart. I guess it comes with being a dad of twin baby boys :) I am really trying to push my career towards childrens' book illustrations, animations, etc. Right now, I am working on a lovely kids' book called Monster Café that we are trying to crowd source. It is about a boy who dreams of visiting a new cafe in town run by monsters, but everyone around him seems to be afraid of the whole thing. It is really a story that has a heart...and our pledgers can get nice things in return - their own little ones can be part of the book, too! If you have a minute or two, have a look, thanks a bunch! :D

https://unbound.co.uk/books/the-monster-cafe
  • macek3
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by macek3 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi, I am Michal.
    I teach economics at the University of Łódź. I used to run several businesses, now I am trying to focus on my work at the university. This is not easy, since Berrolia has become a project that is so engaging that it is hard to think of anything else ;)
    I try to balance work and life, but over time it has become more and more difficult.
    ---
    http://berrolia.com - beautiful car mounts.
    My project is not The Next Big Thing, but sometimes it can make life easier :)
    Now we are here as well: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/indiedesigners/berrolia-a-next-gen-car-mount-for-your-iphone
  • blaznik
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by blaznik » Sun May 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi there.

I'm a graphic design student who loves boardgames! So I thought why not combine the two - and that's how my passion project: Army of Kurents was started! Kurents are mythological bringers of spring in slavic folklore and are ideal for this boardgame, from both an art and design perspective. So - If you feel brave enough to defeat winter join us or create your own Army of Kurents :)
    A board game for people who become mythological warriors to defeat winter.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laznik/army-of-kurents
  • Rikachu
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rikachu » Wed May 11, 2016 3:30 am

Hey guys (:

I'm Ricardo, I work at Lowe's part time and was going to community college until I decided to take a break and pursue an opportunity I just couldn't pass by. I am currently working on a Kickstarter campaign that will provide full time jobs to artisans and their families in my hometown in Mexico. It's an awesome opportunity to be able to help people around the town I grew up in and it's an amazing feeling that I am currently providing one person with a job! But I want to help more people and grow the business, that's why I am going to Kickstarter to help launch! If you guys want to check it out please visit the landing page www.primebracelets.com or on Instagram @primebracelets. Than, you!
    Help be a part of something that will help change the lives of many in my hometown in Mexico! Visit us @ http://www.primebracelets.com and follow us by clicking on the social media icons or subscribing to the newsletter we will be launching soon!
  • misterflu
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by misterflu » Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 pm

hello everybody,

Angel from Spain here.

Hope you can help me in my next crowdfunding projects!

In my case, what got me into crowdfunding was the fact of having a lot of rejections from publishing housses.

Finally, I did manage to have a successful crowdfunding campaign in my country, Spain, and then, thanks to having my book published, a publishing house was interested in my work and offered me the chance of publishing the rest of my books with them.

Today I can tell that I have published 5 books already, and all of them have sold 3000 units each. The last one having a second printing on the go...

After that, I decided to use crowdfunding to get funds for my own coaching card game and it went quite well too...

I have more projects around the corner and you all will read about them soon if you care to support them ;)

Greetings and thanks for this space.

Angelo
  • Nejdeh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nejdeh » Tue May 31, 2016 2:56 pm

I work as a HVAC engineer but my dream project would be to run my own clothing line.
    I'm live now on Kickstarter in hopes to taking my brand to the next level and work for myself.
    But I'm having a hard time finding the right backers.
    Last edited by Nejdeh on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • DangerousSeasGame
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DangerousSeasGame » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello Everyone,

I run a office for developing apps all day long! Some times I feel I never get sleep, but that is how I was raised. To be the best I can be and do hard work so the world will love my apps.