Eggs, Frogs, and Pollywogs on Kickstarter
  • emilybrook
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Eggs, Frogs, and Pollywogs on Kickstarter

by emilybrook » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi Everyone, I recently posted a book I wrote and illustrated on Kickstarter in an effort to raise $2000 to print about 500 copies to get into local stores. Eggs, Frogs, Pollywogs is a nonfiction children's book about the lifecycle of frogs. It is very educational, as it explores the lifecycle of frogs beginning with the appearance of eggs in the spring, followed by the hatching of eggs into tadpoles, to the tadpole’s metamorphosis into adult frogs. The illustrations are bright, bold and simple to catch children's eyes. The text is simple rhyme, intended to be attractive to kids, good for reading out loud, and easy to remember.

The book ends with an index of facts for each stage of the frog’s lifecycle that could be used as a teacher's guide. I have received fantastic feedback on this project, especially from educators and developed the book with intention of it being used as an educational resource in schools.

I have begun working on Monarchs, Chrysalis, and Caterpillars with the future goal of developing these books into a full series of educational children's books on metamorphosis.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/252576172/eggs-frogs-pollywogs-a-childrens-book

All feedback is welcome and thank you for this forum!
    Last edited by emilybrook on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

• VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Eggs, Frogs, and Pollywogs on Kickstarter

by VaporStarter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:33 am

I love the sciences and it's great to see a project such as yours aimed at children. I noticed you didn't post a direct link to project, so here it is to save others from having to type search terms ;)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/252576172/eggs-frogs-pollywogs-a-childrens-book
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com