Using Social Media to Promote a Crowdfunding Campaign
    Artofthekickstart
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Using Social Media to Promote a Crowdfunding Campaign

by Artofthekickstart » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:41 pm

There’s no doubt about it, social media is a critical piece of a successful crowdfunding campaign, both before it launches and once it’s live. Here are our tips for using social media to boost your Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign.

Why Social Media?

Social media is an important part of a crowdfunding campaign because it’s an easy way to find the “crowd” in crowdfunding. Social media makes it easier than ever to reach out to people outside of your network, tell them about your campaign and invite them to contribute.

Before the campaign launches, you’ll use your social accounts to drive people to your landing page (where they will hopefully give you their email address) and build a community of followers by posting engaging, relevant content.

Once your campaign is live, rather than sending people to your landing page, you’ll want to direct them to your campaign page, where they can back the project directly. At the same time, you’ll still want to work on building up your followers – the more eyes you can get in front of your project, the better your project will usually perform! Click the link to read more about how social media can help your campaign! http://artofthekickstart.com/using-social-media-to-promote-a-crowdfunding-campaign/?utm_source=KSforum&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=Using%20Social%20Media

Art of the Kickstart
    info@artofthekickstart.com
    http://www.Artofthekickstart.com
  • artbrew
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Using Social Media to Promote a Crowdfunding Campaign

by artbrew » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:23 am

Thanks a lot for your tips . :D :D
  • KISETSUCO
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by KISETSUCO » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:15 am

Is it effective to promote a crowdfunding campaign on Social Media? I have seen some of the already successful campaign which are all over social media on facebook. however, those that just make it over there funding.

Any one has any feedback on it?
    Haru v2 - The Easiest Minimalist Slim Wallet (RFID Shielded)
    Launch Page: http://haru-wallet-v2.launchrock.com/
    Kickstarter Page Preview: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1554982336/1196760069?token=4080d963
    alexxxmf
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by alexxxmf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Ok, you need social media. But we need to get more granular on the concept of audience. It's super important, for the creators, to try to map several potencial backers/early adopters. This in marketing is called, creating personna's.

As creators we need to try to find, how our soon-to-be-crowdfunded product fits in the life of people. his fit isn't going to happen with every type of person.

When you get specific with the kind of backer you're pursuing, then, you're going to realize what are your prefered channels to reach these people, what kind of message you want to convey, what kind of rewards are they expecting...
    PYS - A Cooler Way to Protect Your Privacy: http://kck.st/1QTndkG
  • jrothman22
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jrothman22 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:37 am

That sounds great! What kind of prizes or rewards do people really want when it comes to a campaign?
    Artofthekickstart
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Artofthekickstart » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:17 pm

The rewards should always be the product you are doing for the campaign. However, do offer a smaller reward for those who want to offer support and get involved, but don’t want to purchase the product. People like to see incentive to buy your product early. Be sure to include a decent discount with a low quantity limit on that reward for an early bird special. Then gradually increase the price. Also be sure to include packages where backers get rewarded for purchasing multiple products. For example, offer a reward for 3 of your product for the price of 2
    Art of the Kickstart
    info@artofthekickstart.com
    http://www.Artofthekickstart.com
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:01 am

Since a lot of advertising pop up in my Instagram account with different Crowdfunding Campaigns, I assume promoting them on social media is a well working technique.
  • stagbucarpruspe
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by stagbucarpruspe » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:57 am

Social media platforms are great ways to promote your business, products, campaigns, and simple ideas. However, these platforms require a lot of your time, daily posting, commenting, and liking. Many entrepreneurs hire social media managers who are dealing only with promotion of the business accounts on huge platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. There different techniques used by SMM in order to make your accounts more popular. There are many websites that provide this service of course against a small payment. Personally, I was running Facebook and Instagram accounts by myself when I started to sell Korean cosmetics. However, when the orders were too many I hired one more person to help me. I can definitely affirm that social media platforms represented the places where my business started and developed.
    YellowWood
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by YellowWood » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:22 pm

Fantastic advice thanks all.

For me Social Media is a great reassurer for clients who already know you and have a more substantial contact with your brand - whether it can lead to direct investment from a standing start I am less certain of but always worth a shot.

Only 50% of my marketing works - the only problem is you never know which 50% that is...

Best, Sam
    Sam McManus
    Managing Director - YellowWood Adventures Limited
    https://www.crowdcube.com/companies/yel ... hes/q4n8eZ

www.yellowwoodadventures.com

SystHub
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SystHub » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Crowdfunding platforms bring you about 10% (25% if you are lucky) of backers — all the rest is up to you.

I learned some years ago that:
    Never start a crowdfunding without having a good audience.
    Crowdfunding has to be planned at least 6 month before (even 1 year if you have not a strong audience and followers)

You should use different strategies can make the difference by creating an “high responsive” community, like:
    • Referral Campaigns
    • Help journalists or bloggers to their upcoming stories (and get a quote)
    • Post viral contents
    • Use social bots to automate some posts and following
    • Distribute your press release to media outlets’ newsrooms
    S Y S T H U B
    we help crowdfundings for free
    CHECK IT HERE: hsy.st/5KGKafD