**PIGGY BLOX** - soft launch
    Jonathan08
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: **PIGGY BLOX** - soft launch

by Jonathan08 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:39 am

Actually, I've been finessing some numbers and now I can do 15$US selling price, so about 20$CAD. I plan to offer the first 150 backers a discount @ 15$CAD which is about 11.25$ per Piggy Blox!

what do you guys think?, more interested now? but obviously they'd be made of plastic and not metal :)...... and for me to have a successful campaign, I'd have to sell a lot, like close to 3000 units approx. @ 15$ US :)

any feedback?

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:50 am

I've been involved in commenting on this in the beginning so to get to $15 USD is a big jump. If it's plastic can it glow in the dark? How durable is it to being knocked or scratched, which are important factors to have in your blox.

Also...when are you doing to launch this? Over many months ago you were talking about this :)
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Jonathan08
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jonathan08 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:59 am

Plastic vs. casting metal makes a difference, you're looking at about half the tooling cost. Havn't thought about glow in the dark plastic but that is the nice thing with injection molding plastic, you can change colors and plastic types from each run.
    To answer your question, yes, they'd be very sturdy in ABS in a few colors with four M4x65mm screws holding the them together. I would probably include a little allen wrench also.

Lol. Yes, it's been a while and will probably still be a long time :). It's called life, too many things to do. Plus setting up a good campaign is no small task. Not sure if I will do KS or indie, also have no idea what I will do for the video.

But what do you think of the latest price? not bad right? the only thing is I would need a lot of support, about 3000 or so backers to make it happen :) that's sort of the catch.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Not bad.

For 3k backers, you're probably looking to market this at hotels who could put this in every room or people who would want this in bulk...
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    Jonathan08
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jonathan08 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Ya, people would definitely steal them :). Or unless you mean they are a gift from the hotel?