Remote tropical wilderness film (TIPS?!)
  • Matt
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Remote tropical wilderness film (TIPS?!)

by Matt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 am

I'd appreciate any tips you may have that'd help to make our page/project better (does it need more clarity on the focus of our film? missing anything?), and of course would deeply appreciate it if you passed on our project to anyone whom you feel would resonate with it! It's our first one on kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/856 ... dise-found

(To give background incase you didn't click on our link)
    My name is Matt, I'm a 21 year old college student and hopefully soon-to-be amateur filmmaker. A friend and I want to create a film about a couple we met in one of THE most beautiful valleys located on one of the most beautiful and rugged coastlines in the world. This young couple primarily lives off of the land by tending to their garden and bow hunting wild deer and boar. They also met at a primitive skills convention, and as you could assume work on some pretty cool projects back there! The valley is draped with hundreds of waterfalls in the winter rain season, some of which spill off sea cliffs directly onto the colossal black sand beach below. It also bears numerous fruit trees and a natural water spring surrounded by wild water crest. This valley is the definition of paradise. Only five people there year round and in the winter time, when we intend to go, the only way to get in is by helicopter (waves are too big to boat and there is not defined trail)

My friend and I are genuinely inspired about this couples way of life and the immaculate beauty of the valley. We want to create this documentary to show the world that you can pursue any type of lifestyle you dream of, regardless of how distant or exotic it may seem. We're not preaching that everyone should follow this couples way of life and move backwards in time. Our goal is to inspire forward thinking while being mindful of our relation to the earth. Also, we just want the chance to expose the film's viewers to the ridiculous natural beauty that this valley has to offer.

Thanks,
    Matt

• VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Remote tropical wilderness film (TIPS?!)

by VaporStarter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:30 am

Hi Matt, looks like a pretty reasonable funding goal. What part of the world is this valley located in?
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
  • draffin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by draffin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:08 am

I too am trying to get into the environmental market https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/37 ... ve-the-bee
    any tips?
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry to see that your project was not successful. Are you planning on relaunching?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Devonp1982
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Devonp1982 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:12 pm

I like this idea and am interested in seeing your film. I wouldn't describe yourself as a "soon to be amateur filmmaker" because it sounds like people are investing in something unstable. I would say that you are an independent filmmaker and leave it at that.
  • faikgeci
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by faikgeci » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 pm

I just post it on my FB...
  • SpiralStorm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SpiralStorm » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi there, Matt! While I don't have any tips on tropical wilderness filming (As I don't know much of anything about the tropical wilderness) I wish you all the best on your campaign...Cheers!