Dragons! Funded in week one, working on stretch goals now.
  • spark
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Dragons! Funded in week one, working on stretch goals now.

by spark » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:22 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/128 ... d-ball-pet

I've been busting my butt promoting this, and it seems to have paid off. Though I'd really like to hit some stretch goals, and I'm running out if promotion ideas. I've done some outreach to blogs but been pretty much ignored. Most of my backers have come from my existing social media followers, with a few from kickstarter itself and one or two from some advertising I've been doing.

I think I've gotten this far mostly by setting modest goals and by taking every chance I've been able to come up with to push it, short of being an outright spammer. :)

Any feedback on the campaign is totally welcome, as are any questions about it.

• Jolly Bunny
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Dragons! Funded in week one, working on stretch goals n

by Jolly Bunny » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Congrats on your project! Keep it up!

Check out ours when you get a chence
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153 ... -feet-warm
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Congrats on reaching your fundraising goal!! Where have you been advertising and what was the cost of acquisition of the one pledge/the amount they pledged?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • spark
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by spark » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I bought paid advertising on two sites that are pretty specific to my target market (The Castaways doll forum and Furaffinity) and I'm thinking of taking out a google adwords campaign next week to push through the slump that seems to turn up in the middle of projects. So far that's cost me $45. Targeted small group ads are great! Though I've also committed about $150 worth of work/product towards a giveaway drawing I've been running where everyone who shares the link on social media of some kind gets a ticket, which also seems to be bringing in pretty good results.

Haven't done a specific breakdown of pledges/advertising dollars yet, but I know it's looking pretty good.

Though I know most of my backers so far have come from my own social media posts, from an audience I already had, with a handful finding it on kickstarter itself.