Hello from a female horror director
  • shellhands
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hello from a female horror director

by shellhands » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say hI and introduce myself. I am a female horror producer/director and have just launched my first kickstarter campaign after a successful production of my first film "Youth of Today" which starred Eileen Dietz from the Exorcist.

I am hoping Homunculus Rises will reach the same heights on the US festival circuit - any feedback on my campaign would be a great help! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/924 ... ulus-rises
    or just say hay!

Michelle

eclecto
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Hello from a female horror director

by eclecto » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Hi Michelle,

I'm going to play the needy demanding hypothetical backer here, and I find myself wanting to see some kind of real film footage in the video. Maybe a clip from your previous film?

"Homunculus" is also a term many people might not be familiar with, so you could touch on some background or legends surrounding monstrous homunculi. As someone who does know what it means, I'm also craving some kind of concept art or an idea of how you're going to do special effects. Simply because I can see it as a significant challenge and the skeptic in me is imagining a doll being thrown at actors from off camera or something.

Which is not to say that's what you're going for or planning to do, but those are the things I can see that would make a potential backer doubt that what you're pitching is "real."
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hello from a female horror director

by sbriggman » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Out of curiosity why did you decide to do a 14 day campaign?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.