Do you recommend using GadgetFlow

by terrycrosby » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:29 am

Terry

• owly417
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Do you recommend using GadgetFlow

by owly417 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:50 pm

I have spoken with a number of project creators who have worked with The Gadget Flow. The results were mixed (slightly more who didn't see good results than those who did). If your project is a tech/design project it has a decent chance to get some help there. That's my 2 cents. :)
    smokoinc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by smokoinc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:37 pm

We've tried them a couple times and it worked pretty well in terms of conversions.
  • challky
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by challky » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm

I would definitely recommend using services from TheGadgetFlow.com. These guys are very professional and they really went an extra mile to help me with my e-commerce project (www.steekly.com , previously known as MacStickrs). The traffic generated from their website and Newsletter helped us gain traction and acquire many new customers. Moreover, after they have shared information about our project the effect continued for at least 2 months – like a snowball effect, where one customer brought to us his or her friend etc.

I am now working on my next project, which will be launched on Kickstarter, and I am definitely going to use their service to generate additional traffic and get the word out about our project to their massive customer database.

Hopefully after reading this message they will consider giving me a discount, hehe ;)

P.S If you know any other good platforms/services which could be used to generate valuable traffic, please do let me know.

Hope it helps!
  • mcannonJamstik
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mcannonJamstik » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:03 pm

We used a paid promotion on theGadgetFlow for our Kickstarter project for the http://jamstik.com, where we raised over $800,000. We definitely recouped the cost in terms of pledges which was really nice to see. The added exposure of being listed on their website in perpetuity made it worth even more as far as lifetime value. They're probably not going to double your campaign numbers, but they do have a growing base of early adopters and I think you'll definitely see at least a comparative number of pledges based on what you spend.

One thing to consider is that we have a tech product which fit really well with their audience, but I would say they also trend towards lifestyle products as well, and as mentioned, have a pretty hip audience, so shoes could work. I'm sure you could email them and get their opinion on how well your product would fit; they were generally very responsive in communication.

Other than that, they were professional to work with, good writers, and have a nice operation. Highly Recommended.

-Matt
    Campaign Manager - jamstik+
    jamstik+ The SmartGuitar
    March 25 - May 6, 2015
    http://kck.st/18XReLB
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:28 am

Perhaps you could give our gifts site a nice writeup too Challky as we've worked together too :)

Ok on the question about GadgetFlow. I personally like the guys, I think they do a good job and their site is always updated.

I would agree about the benefit of using from for tech sites/campaigns. You mentioned socks, unless they've got a USB attachment to them - I wouldn't think they would be the best bet as you need to really find a targeted audience.

challky wrote:I would definitely recommend using services from TheGadgetFlow.com. These guys are very professional and they really went an extra mile to help me with my e-commerce project (http://www.steekly.com , previously known as MacStickrs). The traffic generated from their website and Newsletter helped us gain traction and acquire many new customers. Moreover, after they have shared information about our project the effect continued for at least 2 months – like a snowball effect, where one customer brought to us his or her friend etc.

I am now working on my next project, which will be launched on Kickstarter, and I am definitely going to use their service to generate additional traffic and get the word out about our project to their massive customer database.

Hopefully after reading this message they will consider giving me a discount, hehe ;)

P.S If you know any other good platforms/services which could be used to generate valuable traffic, please do let me know.

Hope it helps!
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • Ayudos.com
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ayudos.com » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:19 pm

I would say yes. We have spoken to campaign creators that have worked with them before and they do get a lot of traffic to tech and design projects.
  • Zspaceship_Louis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Zspaceship_Louis » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:09 am

I would absolutely recommend Gadgetflow, which helped me a lot on my first project - HiSmart Indiegogo Campaign, which raised more than $280K so far. They did a good job in featuring latest product listing and giveaway!!!
  • psebastian
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by psebastian » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:24 pm

I actually never (yet) had a Kickstarter campaign, but I used GadgetFlow to promote one business of mine, http://www.firecult.com.

I used a 30% discount code I found here and I got the smallest package ($280).

During the gig I was amazed by two things:
    - The founder is everywhere. He's answering all the emails with incredible speed and he is extremely helpful.
    - They still pushed my product on Twitter and Facebook long after they had too do it.

The deal results:
    - I sold directly to visitors coming from http://www.thegadgetflow.com more than I paid
    - It helped us to get more followers on all the social channels.
    - I got a valuable link that helped for sure with the SEO.

Negative thoughts:
    - none

For me the first gig was an experiment, and I'm glad it was a successful one.
    Now I'm going for the premium package ($3499) and I'm hoping this will also be a successful experiment! :-)

I'll come back with the feedback for this package too in one month.