First Kickstarter! Le Cou, Beautiful Layering Basics
  • lecou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

First Kickstarter! Le Cou, Beautiful Layering Basics

by lecou » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:30 am

Hello! I'm new to Kickstarter Forum, and to Kickstarter! On November 20 we launched our Kickstarter. Strong start the first 2-3 days, but it's been pretty flat this past week. One reason we suspect is that this past week was a holiday – Thanksgiving (we're in the US) which has a lot of people away / traveling for the week or at least long weekend.. we think that's the lull anyway. We're working hard to get the word out beyond our direct network. Looking forward to learning more about Kickstarter and the projects featured here!

Let us know what you think about our little shirts!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/96 ... ttle-shirt

Cheers!
    Elizabeth

• StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: First Kickstarter! Le Cou, Beautiful Layering Basics

by StephenCroft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:06 am

Hi Elizabeth,

Great idea for a product, although ladies fashion is definitely out of my expertise.
    One thing I have noted about your project is that it is ranked 87th by popularity within the Fashion category. This is despite being 224% funded with more than 100 backers. Having a quick scan of the 86 project ahead of yours, there are many with less money raised and less % of goal reached.
    I would be taking a look at these projects to see what they are doing to earn the popularity listing above yours.
    I know the Kickstarter algorithm is a bit of a mystery, however I did hear of one successful creator's strategy to get backers engaging in the campaign by commenting. As you only have two comments, perhaps ask your backers to engage by providing comments, such as, what do they plan to pair the dickey up with? (that phrase sounds strange just writing it).
    Just an idea.

I'd love to hear some feedback from the experts as to why one project features higher in the popularity listing than others.
    Perhaps, a good question for "Ask Sal"?
  • lecou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lecou » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:19 am

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your super thoughtful response. Very good point - as many of our backers are from our direct network, I can easily go out to them and ask them to post a comment.
    And yes, dickey is definitely a word that takes some getting used to... part of the challenge of our launching - rebranding the product, not just the company! But we've decided to own it, and even be a bit irreverent with it. There have been a few brands that include one or two dickeys in their seasons, and call them things like 'Mock Shirt' or 'Topping' and we just decided that was too prudish for us. A rose by any other name, right? Anyway, thanks again!
  • StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by StephenCroft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:01 am

Well your brand re-introduction has already started working in my household. I had to ask my wife "What is a dickey?"
    There seems to be a movement back to yesteryear fashions, possibly inspired by TV series like Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire.

Best of luck finishing the campaign strongly.
    I'd love to hear your insights in this thread after the completion, if you're not too busy with fulfillment of course. ie. What worked. What didn't work. Where you spent your add money. And more importantly how you re-ignited the campaign and rocketed to $100K plus (here's hoping).

Stephen
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:09 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman