Questioning my product??
  • binspired
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Questioning my product??

by binspired » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Hi, I just launched my kickstarter 11 days ago. I took on a marketing company that has had success with alot of other similar products however the traffic being sent is not converting :( Now I am left questioning my product.
    Feedback on my campaign would be much appreciated :) I have 2 weeks to turn this around but I am wondering at what point I stop the campaign and start all over again especially if it is the product.

Achieve your goals & dreams in 2016!
  • StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Questioning my product??

by StephenCroft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:32 am

Hi, happy to give a bit of feedback from the perceptive of a backer (for what it's worth).

Really impressive, clear video and I like the story about yourself (is that an Aussie accent?). You seems very genuine and trustworthy; perhaps be a little more exuberant/show excitement (I feel you come across a bit nervous, which is understandable!) but at the same time, speak a little more slowly and deliberately. I know that sounds strange but I think it works.

Without wanting to sound too harsh, I'll be honest. Whilst yours is a truly beautiful product, it basically seems the same as I could buy from Officeworks/Staples. I suggest highlighting THE ONE most important feature that you believe sets yours apart form every other planner out there.

I would also include a written guarantee in your reward descriptions that people will receive this by the end of Dec 2015, as this is when people will start a fresh for the year ahead and/or may want to ensure it is deliverable as a Christmas gift.

In the description, under About This Project, I am a fan of having a beautiful rewards infographic "above the fold"...so this is the first thing potential backers see.

I also feel that 24 is too many rewards; I know you are trying to cater to both the individual and corporate options, however it may mean that it makes it hard for people to decide. Look at this one for an example of simplicity; there is no room for procrastination...
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... nav_search

All the best! Hope this has been of some help to you :)
  • binspired
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by binspired » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:01 am

Thank you for taking the time to check it out and for the feedback. NZ accent :)

Yes I think I'll have to change up the pages 'sales pitch' to include more about the goal setting aspects which is what separates it from an officeworks/staples planner.
    Unfortunately I got to kickstarter later than expected and I can't guarantee the product would be here in time for Christmas giving and certainly didn't want to say it would be just to get sales.
    I did so many rewards so I could see what color would be most popular so I knew what to order prior to end of campaign since I have 2 colors. Possibly too confusing for many.
  • StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by StephenCroft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:39 am

Aahh a Kiwi. I should have known! (being Aussie myself)

I have listened to a lot of podcasts that Sal (who runs this forum) has hosted and many of the creators say rather than offer colours as separate rewards, just ask people to nominate at the end via the survey.

I just backed your campaign...will keep an eye on your progress :)
  • binspired
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by binspired » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:57 am

My accent isn't the typical Kiwi one since I've lived in so many places (inc. Aussie!) I seemed to have lost it a little!
    I know, I read to keep it simple too however I was going to place an order this week and wanted to get an idea of numbers. Oh well too late now.
    thank you for the pledge!
  • lecou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lecou » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:19 am

I like your product. You're super relatable in your video. Since you are already underway, I'll note just a couple things I think you could do to add a bit of 'punch' to the Kickstarter presentation. (My background is 15+ years in branding and design : )

- Turn some of your great language into big graphics / or at least bolded type that is directional - basically telling people what exactly it will do for them, not hinting at it. it, this phrase: "...incorporates goal setting into your everyday life." is excellent, and if it were large, or all caps, or nice white type set on an aqua background, I think it would have a bigger impact: INCORPORATE GOAL SETTING INTO YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE.
    maybe do that with a few of your key phrases, ones like this that show an inspiring point of view, at various points in the KS story to introduce some dynamic scale.

- If you are able to take a few new photos, consider using some contrasting colors backgrounds to really set off the notebook from the background, lift it off so to speak.. gray notebook on bright yellow, mint notebook on navy, or red, or hot pink. you also might incorporate some more saturated color props (small) in the image, and switch up the writing in the journal, a few pop colors just to keep eyes moving around the pages.

- I'm sure you've already seen SELF Journal and Passion Planner.. successful campaigns that might be helpful for you as well. They did lots of press outreach and cross promotion. Is there a pen or pencil, or other non-compete printed products that are currently running campaigns, that you might contact for potential cross promotion?

Good luck!! Elizabeth
  • StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by StephenCroft » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:56 am

Excellent tips Elizabeth.
  • binspired
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by binspired » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:23 am

Thanks for the feedback Elizabeth! I really appreciate it. I've changed it up a little and will put up some new images and see if that helps. I know its a great product and it could really help a lot of people I just need to get that across.
    I'll see if there are any other products I can cross promote with too. Thanks again!
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:10 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Pantyprop
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Pantyprop » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Great project. Just seeing your post. Will you be reposting the project. Even though this is something that appears to be purchased from Staples as the other person said, I do think someone looking for your product would prefer a more personal start to begin off with. I love it, either way
    PantyProp
    Put it on. Prop it in. and GO!
    www.pantyprop.com