We went live!
  • mkory11230
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

We went live!

by mkory11230 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:00 am

Hello guys tell us what do you think?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/psymatch/psymatch

Our project we live and ready to go! Please support, leave feedback, and happy holidays!

• StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: We went live!

by StephenCroft » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:52 am

Congrats,
    Very clear video and your description page is excellent. You guys look like you are very capable.
    However, Apps on Kickstarter are notoriously difficult to get funded. Perhaps you should have set your goal lower, but I hope I am proven wrong. Best of luck.
  • mkory11230
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mkory11230 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:04 am

Thanks for support Stephen! We hope that we can make it, if not it is still a very valuable experience. The key is not to be afraid to try!
    Backertree
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Backertree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:01 am

Hey Mate,

Congratulations on launching your Kickstarter campaign! As others have said, the page itself looks great- the video is fine too. I just have a couple of suggestions with the page itself:

1. Some of the rewards are quite expensive. For example, your $25 perk comes with a wrist band, an emoji, and a thank you card. Of course, if there was someone backing your project just because they like the idea, they may go for it; but to me it isn't a very exciting reward.

2. Your funding goal is high. Now I'm not saying this cannot be achieved, as it most definitely can be. The thing is, if you have the time and resources to prepare for months in regards to building an email list, expanding your social media presence, getting media attention, etc. then your goal would make sense. If time is an issue, you may have to re-launch with a lower goal next time.

Alot of people do overestimate how much they can raise during their first campaign, and that is understandable. I would recommend taking the project down, reconsidering exactly how much you need to get this app developed and publicly available, do your research about crowdfunding, start preparing again, and re-launch once your ready :)

I wish you all the best with PsyMatch!

Kind Regards,

Jake
    Team Backertree!
    Submit Your Crowdfunding Press Release And Promote Your Project: http://backerpress.com/submit/
  • StephenCroft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by StephenCroft » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:26 am

Good advice Backertree.
    Also, Sal did a podcast on an app that was successfully funded, which might be worth checking out. From memory, they brought in 80% of their own backers.
    I'd be interested to see some stats on what percentage of Apps get funded via crowdfunding and what the highest amount raised is.
  • mkory11230
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mkory11230 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:32 am

It is not easy an easy deal to get funded with the idea for the app, as you noted it is not a tangible product which you can send. However, i do want to get some data from launching and see who potential backers are. Thank you for your advice! I do really appreciate it.
    Backertree
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Backertree » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:39 am

mkory11230 wrote:It is not easy an easy deal to get funded with the idea for the app, as you noted it is not a tangible product which you can send. However, i do want to get some data from launching and see who potential backers are. Thank you for your advice! I do really appreciate it.

Hey, not a problem :)

It's always good to do some market research so you really do know who to target when selling/crowdfunding your app.

If you need help with anything else either post here again, private message me, or contact me through my website (in my forum signature). Cheers mate!

Best Regards,

Jake
    Team Backertree!
    Submit Your Crowdfunding Press Release And Promote Your Project: http://backerpress.com/submit/
  • bane882
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bane882 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:59 am

Guys, we have launched our first KS campaign, please share your thoughts! :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22 ... ?ref=video
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:19 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman