Adding to my Kickstarter via my FB page
  • Edge Art
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Adding to my Kickstarter via my FB page

by Edge Art » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:58 am

I have my Kickstarter campaign here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/64 ... nav_search ... BUT I wanted to add a coupon to the backer list rewards.

1. Am I allowed to do this on my FB page without being penalized by Kickstarter?
    2. Is this a common practice?
    3. what other suggestions do you offer to help promote my project? ... (I have no budget, this is why i started the project in the first place)

• Bebe
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Adding to my Kickstarter via my FB page

by Bebe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:19 am

I am not sure about that, but the policy that you agreed to when you started your kickstarter campaign specifically asks you not to promote coupons. I would not try to find loop holes, if you have to ask yourself if it is ok, then it is probably not.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:05 pm

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • caitlinebs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by caitlinebs » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:39 pm

I also am not sure the exact policy, but would agree that part of kickstarter is that you are already offering people a discount (or you should be) for initially backing your campaign. I would just offer it as maybe another reward on kickstarter and then post to FB your direct link to kickstarter and a post about the discounted reward that is being offered. Build up your following with family and friends and get them to share if you have absolutely no budgeting for marketing. However, we have had some sponsored posts on instagram and they have seemed to generate a lot of extra followers. You do have to pay these people to do a post but it is generally doable (even for a new company)