What's your $1 Reward Idea?
    queenboxi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What's your $1 Reward Idea?

by queenboxi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:27 am

I made a $2 and "Editors Choice Reading List" where I email a one-page pdf of my favourite novels and short-story collections.

Morgan Bell
    Editor - Hunter Anthologies
    Sproutlings: A Compendium of Little Fictions
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qu ... ons-sprout
  • jack.skwrldesign
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jack.skwrldesign » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:50 am

Our current $1 reward is that they get their name laser engraved onto a wooden "thank you plaque" that will hang in our office.

Thought it was pretty cool, but it hasn't gotten much love so far. Love some of the other ideas on here! I just wish it was easier to change the reward post launch...
    Jack
    Kickstarter Project - JABBER - kck.st/1je4Is4
  • The Quilliad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The Quilliad » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:21 pm

I find digital rewards really helpful for lower-level pledges. I've never offered a $1 option, but I've offered a single digital copy of The Quilliad for $3 before. Digital rewards usually only cost you time, but they still give people something meaningful. for an art project, for example, a digital two-minute doodle could be great. Personalised rewards like that seem to really get to people in a good way, at all reward levels.
    Writer, artist, small press publisher (editor-in-chief and founder of The Quilliad Press).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1765917797/the-quilliad-press-and-issue-6/

Under 2 days left!
  • captivatetheroom
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by captivatetheroom » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:24 pm

I like the letter idea but hear you on the postage. I was thinking a signed picture of the team but would be the same thing. What about a social media shout out for the person's company or brand if they have one or a project that they are working? It's possible they may not have a following or a brand but it's a thought.

Steve Dotto does a hug if I see you in person on his Patreon page. Depending on the project being funded, what about a video? Similar to the MP3 but with "us" in action working on the song or writing the script or building the item?
  • CandleLit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CandleLit » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:06 am

I agree with your considerations
    MES Records
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MES Records » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:48 am

I'm planning to give out a single song from the music album that the project is for. That way the backers get more than just a 'thank you'. And as a positive side effect, maybe if they're short on money at the time, they might even consider to get the full album later.
    But if you expect to get a lot of backers you should maybe consider something different, since I think that you'll have your hands full with the other reward levels already.
    Music Entertainment System
    http://www.mes-records.com
  • terrycrosby
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by terrycrosby » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:30 am

I'm not going to lie. I copied another campaign's $1 reward.

★ TOAST LEVEL ★

Dan and Dave will make a toast to you on camera at the end of the project...one sip of wine per $1 backer--one long, continuous take until we've toasted everyone.

It hasn't performed well.
    Terry

• owly417
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by owly417 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:26 am

I backed a project where their team sent me an audio file of their whole team saying Thanks NAME (filling in the backer's name). They must have spent a whole day recording these and sending them out, but it brought a smile to my face when I got it. :)

I think something personal is a great option. Digital (like the example I gave) is good because it doesn't end up costing more for postage than the pledges were.
  • Edge Art
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Edge Art » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:47 am

How long is the signup process to give that $1?