What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • ParseRaider
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by ParseRaider » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:23 am

Hello,
    I am Mike and I am between jobs and retirement actually.

My passions are fishing, boating, gardening , puttering with tools and the web as a source of knowledge. I did do a severe stint in the online game field........

• tortega
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tortega » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 pm

I have two kids now and I am surprised of how fast they learn things... I am always thinking new methods to teach kids new concepts but having fun!
    I am a software developer so... SOFTWARE + KIDS -> I HAVE A NEW PROJECT!
    Arora team. Technology cartoons for kids.

It will be great and fun to teach technology to kids on cartoons!.
    Check our campaign at http://kck.st/1hp9Ub1
  • john_davies124
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by john_davies124 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Hey guys, I'm John and I have recently graduated from university studying sports Management.
    We are currently looking to produce a full scale Family Guy Epic Chicken Fight in Public (London) for everyone's enjoyment, but we need some funding to make this all happen! Thanks!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... -in-public
  • The Quilliad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The Quilliad » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Day job: writer. I know how lucky I am. I still don't make enough, but being able to do something at all related to what I love is amazing. I get paid to write book reviews on better days and blog posts about divorce, car door openers, and spinal injuries the rest of the time (those last few are ghostwriting gigs). I also edit submissions for immigration consultants.

Passion project. I have a few. Creating my own writing and art is definitely one. The other is The Quilliad Press, which I'm currently crowdfunding for. I am the editor-in-chief and the person who writes all our blog posts (thequilliad.wordpress.com). We publish Canadian writers and artists and write about artists' project, small press books, and local artistic and literary events. It's exhausting and not terribly profitable, but I am obsessed. We receive such amazing submissions from people. Being a publisher definitely enriches my life.
    Writer, artist, small press publisher (editor-in-chief and founder of The Quilliad Press).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1765917797/the-quilliad-press-and-issue-6/

Under 2 days left!
  • Rif327
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rif327 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi!

My day job is as a Jedi counselor. My night job is a FireSaber performer.

My real passion is teaching. I have a background in education and addiction recovery. I use Lightsabers as a teaching tool that helps people unlock their next level up.

And achieve some surprisngly sweet saber skills in the process. :)

My current passion is providing this system to as many people as possible, in order to launch an entire
    generation of effective Jedi's into the real world.

It's working very well in the micro. Now the key is to scale up. I'm looking to form an alliance with a
    fullfillment company,

Any leads on full service shops?

i like the approach of "Make that thing" but they don't answer their phone or emails. Do they still exist?

I'll be offering a really well made training saber, and the tutorial. Simple products, just need someone with the warehouse and production channels.

And integrity.

Thanks!
  • codenamerave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by codenamerave » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Here goes:

Day Job: Helping give back by connecting folks at my job to tutor, mentor, and speak to kids. Best job I've ever had.

Passion Project: Codename: Rave. I love comics and have grown with them. Now I serve as Creative Director for the webcomic which can be found here:

https://www.patreon.com/codenamerave?ty=h

Take a minute to take a look! Thanks!
  • silisonic
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by silisonic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:13 pm

I am an Aesthetician and own a day spa. I feel truly blessed to go to a job that I love everyday! I love my clients, my spa, my services and being able to help people look and feel better. It truly is a rewarding profession that feels like a nurturing family.

My passion spills over with my new invention SiliSonic. I have a crowdfunding campaign going on our website via Celery that is going really well! My hope is that we will have all the funding we need by the end of the year so we can start 2016 out with a new sonic silicone facial brush designed to be ergonomic and budget friendly. Check it out on www.silisonic.com.
  • Willpowered
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Willpowered » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:05 pm

My day job is running my startup called Willpowered. My passion project is the book I wrote called The Will of Heroes!
    Check out our Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1LqcZT5
  • Volume Design
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Volume Design » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:49 pm

I teach industrial design by day at Purdue University, and I work on my own products at night. For my own work, I like to focus on mobile technology and usability. I have pretty bad tendonitis in my wrists already (and I'm only 25) so any designs that help people to use technology more ergonomically is my true passion area.

I just launched my first product to help with the problem of smartphone usability.
    http://kck.st/1KjIcmT

Cheers!
    Patrick
  • SimoGecko
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SimoGecko » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:02 am

I am a computer science student in Switzerland, and in my free time I love to work on procedural algorithms to mostly create game related stuff, likelandscapes, islands and also AI (artificial intelligence) to simulate new enemy behaviours.
    I also love to apply those to mobile games when they turn out nicely, and you can see my first Kickstarter here below.
    http://kck.st/1LYPpe6.
    Check out this new mobile game on KICKSTARTER!