Just Launched...and I want to VOMIT!!
  • Falyon
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Just Launched...and I want to VOMIT!!

by Falyon » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:43 pm

I've been sitting on my project for the past week after it got approved. I was worried the pictures aren't good enough, people will say it sucks, I wasted my time... But ultimately, I believe in what I'm doing, so just 10 minutes ago, I hit that "LAUNCH" button, and I'm now live.

You'll never know if you don't just go for it, right?

SDJ-02: Self Drying Jacket: https://t.co/IliIqax9eT
  • lowkeyfilmsuk
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lowkeyfilmsuk » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Kickstarter is a toughy! Good luck buddy :)
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:14 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by kelly101 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi Everyone, I am the survivor of a failed KickStarter and there are a few things I learned that really surprised me;
    1. Your friends probably wont care about your campaign.
    2. Social Media advertising is a waste of money (If you are willing to spend twice you campaign goal on ads it might be worth it.
    3. Kickstarter does not have any inbuilt audience, i.e. we got to the top twenty tech products on KS (which we paid for) and there was no increase in view numbers - I really question the viewing claims made by KS.
    4. The most annoying thing in the world is when Kickstarter claims to support independent innovation - and all of the top campaigns are pre-funded. BTW SONY AND NASA are not independent developers!
    lostinwebspace
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lostinwebspace » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 pm

A launch party is a really good idea. The common advice is to line up 30% of your funding on that first day, so a party is a good way to do that.

But jitters? Everyone gets jitters. You're going through the normal stuff. Love the jitters. They're good. :p
    studiodaisho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by studiodaisho » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Right there with you! Wish you the best of luck on your campaign btw! I've put in about a years work on my project and had pulled my campaign before. I thought given this wouldn't be my first time the jitters wouldn't be there... Yeah.. They definitely are! However I have a team of 15 people who are in the same boat. You put all your work in and you do the best you can and you hope people will notice. So you definitely are not the only one there Steve! Just stay tenacious and hungry for that goal and your project will come to fruition. If your campaign doesn't go well take note of the mistakes and try again! Trust me, we did it and it seems to already have been paying off! All the best Steven!
    "There's a chance to start a new..." http://kck.st/20tq9q9
    GeorgeMemoryStoria
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by GeorgeMemoryStoria » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:14 pm

A Kickstarter campaign is a tense, nerve-wrecking period. However, if you are launching a vomiting app or a vomiting game, please feel free to vomit as much as you want. It may help your campaign.
    Create a digital book of your life stories with MemoryStoria. Or give it to a loved one. Do it for Christmas!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/me ... ur-life-st
  • Janis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Janis » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Steve!

Sorry, your campaign was unsuccessful. I'm on my first day today and I have a feeling that it is not going to work for me either. I was more confident yesterday :) Even though the social media campaign is working well - lots and lots of retweets on Twitter, Facebook not that impressive but still OK, is kind of a proof that people care about my documentary film project, the number of pledges is so small. I wonder, are there any statistics about the number of possible pledges if compared to retweets/ likes/ shares?