Get feedback on your crowdfunding campaign
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I've backed 200+ projects...reach out with your project

by GregSilas » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:22 am

Jonathan08 wrote:
    I have stopped backing campaigns for a while, now I give feedback. I have found that many projects are weak and backing people is not worth as much as solid feedback.

You can unlike my FB page if you don't find this useful

greg

Lol. Putting out a call like this, I bet you've been swamped! I just have this feeling that crowdfunding has become the new beggars tool. Soooooo much crap out there, some really good stuff but most is just a joke.

I don't blame people for trying and especially for small projects under $10k or $5k, I can't expect people to put in that much effort or money to make things professional. On the same token, they can't expect much in return. I see lots of campaigns thrown together, launched then people scramble and wonder why the wheels are not turning. As if Narnia was around the corner waiting with open arms. Even if I gave a shoutout of people's projects (which I've done tons of), a single tweet isn't very valuable because people's twitter accounts are full of thousands of tweets per day. Sad reality of the 'noise' you spoke about

Jonathan08
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jonathan08 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 am

Oh for sure, honestly I think crowdfunding sites should start to break up the categories just because there is so much stuff out there, have a Design/EDC, or Design/under 100$ section. Stuff like that. I see alot of projects on kickstarter et al that just really are hobby projects, even what I'm trying to launch, more of a hobby project than a company.

Yes. So much noise out there it's rediculous. I've have a little theory, even if I or someone were to invent an anitgravity cube, it would still need to find a "niche" and "market". You think something like that would make you a galizzonaire but you would still have to carve a space for it and make people understand and want it. Very difficult. Just sort of illustrates what your up against as a product designer.

Remember the good old days where you would actually talk to people in person in a shop or brick and mortar store. That's how you really get the word out, technology just helps to augment that. I guess some people can do it soley on-line but I think if you look more deeply at most of the really successful crowdfundings campaigns, there is always more than meets the eye. They've either had a business or real world shop where they've had a chance to build up solid connections and customers and then just augment that with on-line marketing channels etc, etc. It really is all about building those solid real world connections, like it always has been.
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:22 am

Jonathan08 wrote:Oh for sure, honestly I think crowdfunding sites should start to break up the categories just because there is so much stuff out there, have a Design/EDC, or Design/under 100$ section. Stuff like that. I see alot of projects on kickstarter et al that just really are hobby projects, even what I'm trying to launch, more of a hobby project than a company.

Yes. So much noise out there it's rediculous. I've have a little theory, even if I or someone were to invent an anitgravity cube, it would still need to find a "niche" and "market". You think something like that would make you a galizzonaire but you would still have to carve a space for it and make people understand and want it. Very difficult. Just sort of illustrates what your up against as a product designer.

Remember the good old days where you would actually talk to people in person in a shop or brick and mortar store. That's how you really get the word out, technology just helps to augment that. I guess some people can do it soley on-line but I think if you look more deeply at most of the really successful crowdfundings campaigns, there is always more than meets the eye. They've either had a business or real world shop where they've had a chance to build up solid connections and customers and then just augment that with on-line marketing channels etc, etc. It really is all about building those solid real world connections, like it always has been.

Sad reality is that if you are one of the early ones to the net (specifically twitter, FB groups, Instagram) you had the advantage of building up followers much faster than today where there is more competition. Or, if you are a celeb of any kind, you get to leverage it on these platforms. Rest of us are disadvantaged specifically because of all that competition. Nonetheless, there are plenty of recent and up and coming web-celebs...young. I don't mean film...I mean youtube or other because they have a particular niche, as you spoke about
  • Rif327
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rif327 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi! Thanks for your generosity.

I'm a professional Jedi. I perform with a firesaber, but my real passion is teaching.

I've developed a system called Kung FLow.

It's a Lightsaber training program that uses a new kind of technology to accelerate the performance
    of your mind and body.

The good news is that it's working. I have a background in addiction recovery, and my clients are using it beat heroin and
    coke addictions, and also over come massive cases of PTSD.

I now want to get the system up online, so that as many people as possible can learn how to unlock their next level up
    with a Lightsaber.

And achieve some surprisngly sweet saber skills in the process. :)

Thank you so much for your time.

www.kungflow.com
    http://rif327.wix.com/kung-flow-raw
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Rif327 wrote:Hi! Thanks for your generosity.

I'm a professional Jedi. I perform with a firesaber, but my real passion is teaching.

I've developed a system called Kung FLow.

It's a Lightsaber training program that uses a new kind of technology to accelerate the performance
    of your mind and body.

The good news is that it's working. I have a background in addiction recovery, and my clients are using it beat heroin and
    coke addictions, and also over come massive cases of PTSD.

I now want to get the system up online, so that as many people as possible can learn how to unlock their next level up
    with a Lightsaber.

And achieve some surprisngly sweet saber skills in the process. :)

Thank you so much for your time.

http://www.kungflow.com
    http://rif327.wix.com/kung-flow-raw

That's a template answer, without a question, nor a name
  • Rif327
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rif327 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Ah, sorry about that. I'm Ryan.

I'm looking to form an alliance with a full service company like "Make that thing". I like the idea of the campaign contruction, marketing and fulfillment all being done under one roof. .

Make that thing has not returned emails or answered their phone. Do you have any leads on other companies that have a similar approach?

I've got something good here. People are massively improving their lives. People I've never met are getting our logo tattoed prominently on their body. Which is both exhilarating and somewhat scary. The pressure to produce and all...

i really need to find a strong company ASAP, in order to be set up to surf the tsunami sized star wars wave that is coming to us this Christmas.

I need help with marketing and fulfllment.

Thanks!
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:49 pm

Rif327 wrote:Ah, sorry about that. I'm Ryan.

I'm looking to form an alliance with a full service company like "Make that thing". I like the idea of the campaign contruction, marketing and fulfillment all being done under one roof. .

Make that thing has not returned emails or answered their phone. Do you have any leads on other companies that have a similar approach?

I've got something good here. People are massively improving their lives. People I've never met are getting our logo tattoed prominently on their body. Which is both exhilarating and somewhat scary. The pressure to produce and all...

i really need to find a strong company ASAP, in order to be set up to surf the tsunami sized star wars wave that is coming to us this Christmas.

I need help with marketing and fulfllment.

Thanks!

I'm only familiar with crowdfunding service companies....I don't know companies that take an idea and promote it / fulfill it
  • Rif327
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rif327 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Thank you. The fulfillment seems to be the easy part. Is there a consulting comapany that you would recommend?

Preferably in the So-cal area?

Sorry to keep pinging you, but this project has the potential to really shift the world up into a higher gear.

I know everybody says that, but we've already saved/changed a lot of lives.

We can scale that up.

Thanks!
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Rif327 wrote:Thank you. The fulfillment seems to be the easy part. Is there a consulting comapany that you would recommend?

Preferably in the So-cal area?

Sorry to keep pinging you, but this project has the potential to really shift the world up into a higher gear.

I know everybody says that, but we've already saved/changed a lot of lives.

We can scale that up.

Thanks!

Hi Ryan, I can only show you a list of companies that handle crowdfunding campaigns, I cannot recommend any marketing companies. Just not my area of expertise
  • codenamerave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by codenamerave » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:00 pm

Greg,

I liked the page! Thanks for offering the shoutout. A bit of a different scene, but our project is a webcomic through Patreon called Codename: Rave. It is about man known only as the Operator must survive in a city where everyone has super powers but him. The story has been crafted over the course of 15 years and has now taken the form of a webcomic for you all to enjoy. It is hand drawn and digitally inked and colored by two art teams constantly battling for the power of the page.

Here's the link:

https://www.patreon.com/codenamerave?ty=h

Thanks!

The Codename RaveTeam