Get feedback on your crowdfunding campaign
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I've backed 200+ projects...reach out with your project

by giftsandcoupons » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:04 am

Yeah I thought the time would come where you'd get inundated with requests! I opened a similar thread a while back on this forum and it was too much for me to handle.

Free advice is great to give out, but I felt like people were taking advantage of me :/

That said, could you take a look at this campaign which comes from this very own forum. I just spotted her (before you!) and her campaign is amazing, it's an online comic with proper drawings and humour. Do you want to have your say on it too:

day-6-almost-halfway-there-t5717.html

- I'll send you a tweet back, I saw your message the other day. Thanks alot

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:47 pm

giftsandcoupons wrote:Yeah I thought the time would come where you'd get inundated with requests! I opened a similar thread a while back on this forum and it was too much for me to handle.

Free advice is great to give out, but I felt like people were taking advantage of me :/

That said, could you take a look at this campaign which comes from this very own forum. I just spotted her (before you!) and her campaign is amazing, it's an online comic with proper drawings and humour. Do you want to have your say on it too:

day-6-almost-halfway-there-t5717.html

- I'll send you a tweet back, I saw your message the other day. Thanks alot

Just gave her feedback, thanks dude!
  • Nailartclub
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nailartclub » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Great concept with Boardseat. I will definitely look into further. I liked your Facebook page. I definitely see a transition to your concept for networking.

I just launched my Kickstarter - That’s a Wrap! Nail Art Subscription Box with Purpose.

Kickstarter Link: http://kck.st/1ZFMBfi

When I launched Nail Art Club Inc, I wanted to create a business that could have a positive impact on society and the environment. So I researched Arizona’s new laws and created a benefit corporation. NAC is currently one of only five in Arizona and our purpose is to improve the lives of women worldwide by learning to accept, love and embrace our differences.

Our monthly subscription box includes up to 3 nail wraps that are 5-free and we use post-consumer recycled shipping material to reduce our impact on the environment. For every nail wrap kit we sell, we donate nail wrap kits and cash donations totaling up to 20% of profits to non-profit organizations that work towards the betterment of women. These organizations help teens and women get a better start, transition out of an abusive situation, become self-sufficient, start their own businesses or launch a new career.

Thank you for any insights.

Tracie Rollins
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Nailartclub wrote:Great concept with Boardseat. I will definitely look into further. I liked your Facebook page. I definitely see a transition to your concept for networking.

I just launched my Kickstarter - That’s a Wrap! Nail Art Subscription Box with Purpose.

When I launched Nail Art Club Inc, I wanted to create a business that could have a positive impact on society and the environment. So I researched Arizona’s new laws and created a benefit corporation. NAC is currently one of only five in Arizona and our purpose is to improve the lives of women worldwide by learning to accept, love and embrace our differences.

Our monthly subscription box includes up to 3 nail wraps that are 5-free and we use post-consumer recycled shipping material to reduce our impact on the environment. For every nail wrap kit we sell, we donate nail wrap kits and cash donations totaling up to 20% of profits to non-profit organizations that work towards the betterment of women. These organizations help teens and women get a better start, transition out of an abusive situation, become self-sufficient, start their own businesses or launch a new career.

Tracie Rollins

Hi Tracie,

I like the video, nice, simple, clean...easy to understand and a good call to action

I don't understand your $500 and $5000 rewards. Are you saying a backer designs 1 type and then gets 50 or 500 of them? I also think that given the nature of your project, a $5k reward may not make sense...seems like a big number...doesn't seem to fit

You should think about changing numbers from, say, $200, to $199 or $195. It's only psychology but it tends to work.

International shipping: I think you should know what that number is....just pick a number by going to the post office and asking how much to ship to somewhere far away

Campaign page: a bit too texty...you shouldn't expect people to read all that and if you know they won't read it, maybe better to try and replace with a graphic, though it may be a bit late for that. Not the end of the world

Best of luck!
  • Nailartclub
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nailartclub » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm

GregSilas wrote:
    Nailartclub wrote:Great concept with Boardseat. I will definitely look into further. I liked your Facebook page. I definitely see a transition to your concept for networking.

Tracie Rollins

Hi Tracie,

I like the video, nice, simple, clean...easy to understand and a good call to action

I don't understand your $500 and $5000 rewards. Are you saying a backer designs 1 type and then gets 50 or 500 of them? I also think that given the nature of your project, a $5k reward may not make sense...seems like a big number...doesn't seem to fit

You should think about changing numbers from, say, $200, to $199 or $195. It's only psychology but it tends to work.

International shipping: I think you should know what that number is....just pick a number by going to the post office and asking how much to ship to somewhere far away

Campaign page: a bit too texty...you shouldn't expect people to read all that and if you know they won't read it, maybe better to try and replace with a graphic, though it may be a bit late for that. Not the end of the world

Best of luck!

Thank you for the quick response Greg. I am glad you like the video. We hire a friend to do it and he did really well.

The idea behind the higher amount were to give the specialized feel that I saw in a lot of other campaigns that had large valued rewards. I guess the expectation is that somebody may truly want to create a custom design but doesn't have the connects that we have made through the process of getting NAC ready to launch.

The international shipping was added to each of the rewards through the Kickstarter website. One of our early backers was international and it just added the $8 to her funding.

The bottom portion of the project description is the FAQs. I can put these in the appropriate place as I couldn't place it there until after launch. That would shorten it greatly. Do you think that would help?

Again thanks for reviewing it.

Tracie
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:06 pm

I wasn't referring to the FAQs, those are fine...was referring to the higher text. Whenever you can have bright, colourful graphics over text...do so...as a rule

$5k...I still don't understand what a backer gets (same for $500 reward). Are you saying they would get to create 1 design and then get 50 or 500 nail sets of that design?
  • Nailartclub
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Nailartclub » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:28 pm

GregSilas wrote:I wasn't referring to the FAQs, those are fine...was referring to the higher text. Whenever you can have bright, colourful graphics over text...do so...as a rule

$5k...I still don't understand what a backer gets (same for $500 reward). Are you saying they would get to create 1 design and then get 50 or 500 nail sets of that design?

Thanks for the insights on the text. I will take a look tonight!

The backer would provide a design, which could be different for each finger or the same for them all, and give it to us in an .ai file. We will then work with our manufacturer to create either 50 sets or 500 sets. My expectation would be a corporation or celebrity-type may want some branding and the nail art wrap fits their target audience.

A previous kickstarter campaign called Skratch, designs and manufactures their own custom designs now after they have had a couple of successful campaigns.

I guess we will see if that group or individual is out there!
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I think you need to make it more obvious that what you are doing, if I understand it, is helping someone else to sell their own custom nail sets?
  • tyatit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tyatit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 am

Hi Greg, just liked your Facebook page. Want me to tweet at you with Kickstarter project link to make it easier to retweet?
    Consider backing or sharing Omninox - reducing teacher grading time from hours into minutes: http://kck.st/1GgvMB4
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:41 pm

tyatit wrote:Hi Greg, just liked your Facebook page. Want me to tweet at you with Kickstarter project link to make it easier to retweet?

Hi Yatit,

These days I give more advice on campaigns than back them or spread the word. I have backed 500 or 600 so I'm taking a break. I mentioned it earlier in this blog. How else can I help you?

Greg