Get feedback on your crowdfunding campaign
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I've backed 200+ projects...reach out with your project

by GregSilas » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Auraglass wrote:We knew you are fast... But didn't expect is fast! :)
    Thanks for the quick feedback and advice... We will convey that to our website development team. Is there an email where we could send you our kickstarter preview link?

Thank you!
    Ankana

sure...gsilas@boardseat.com

Auraglass
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Auraglass » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:54 am

Thanks Greg! Just sent a note with the preview.
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:21 am

Auraglass wrote:Thanks Greg! Just sent a note with the preview.

Hi Ankana, my feedback...and don't get discouraged..work at it:

Video is good though a bit slow...I found 3 minutes to talk about such a simply product was a long time. If you can, you may want to edit it down to 2min or 2+min. It's not a deal breaker, just saying a bit long/slow

When selling a tangible product via crowdfunding, I have always found it both credible and of interest when the item itself is discussed. Meaning, a close up of the product, perhaps in illustrative form with measurements, rotation speed (whatever BS but it adds to the engineering aspect of it), tipping point, etc. Another thing you did not address is how much liquid can do in there? How many ounces of wine? A full beer? How close to the rim? How easy is it to spill over? These are obvious questions and the first the viewers will ask

Minimize your text a the top right after "redesigning the wine glass" and the GIF. Instead of making grandiose vague statements, get right into it. Tell me my wine will have 20% stronger bouquet (or whatever)..tell me the specific benefit of your glass. How will I enjoy my wine more.

I see only halfway down the page you finally talk details about the size, height, etc of the glasses. That should be a whole section...the 'engineering section'...combined with your 'feature section'. I personally like 'engineering' better. You should market this thing as though you've done a ton of testing and your results are...blah blah. If you have done the testing, it should be part of your story. Lower down I see a pic of glasses over some CAD drawings, but that's it

You page could use more colours. I think getting a decent graphic designer to look over your page and give suggestions and changes would be worth it.
    [list=]The headers are black and white, kinda boring.
    Reward summary is lackluster, spice it up.
    For your "Goal and use of funds', you use 1 colour with different shading. Your designer can do a lot better for that graphic...add colours and maybe a big square surround with rounded edges.[/list]

'Simplify aeration' section falls a little flat. A lot of white space with images drop in with red X's. Doesn't feel solid. 'Risk of accidental spill' i'd get right of that text and graphic.

Goal: $50k. I understand you need this money, but it is a lofty goal...for wine glass. I'm only speaking strategically...meaning, if you want and/or need $50k, you can ask for it, or, get the ball rolling by asking for less...$15k or $20k in order to hit your goal, get on the popularity pages and go into stretch goal territory. Now I'm not telling you this is the answer....goal setting is extremely difficult...no one knows the right call for each campaign. I'm just saying there is an alternate strategy.

Reward summary: You can perhaps add the 'savings' %

Overall I think you have a marketable product, I like the widget photo and the title. With some adjustments and good outreach, you have a shot!

Good luck
    Auraglass
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Auraglass » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:36 am

Thanks tons Greg! This is great feedback and most importantly an unbiased opinion. Appreciate it. We'll keep you posted as we launch.
  • FamilyFridge
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by FamilyFridge » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Liked on facebook and followed on Twitter. Exposure is the most difficult aspect of launching a product; it can be amazing, but if nobody's heard of it, it won't go anywhere.

Thanks!
    --Leslie
    Designer and owner of The Family Fridge, a revolutionary calendar that will give you back control of your life! Check out the project at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ife-better
  • 0riginking3
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by 0riginking3 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:09 am

Hi Greg, It's awesome to meet you!

Liked your Facebook page and followed you on twitter :) If you have the time, feel free to have a quick glance at the 'Illumicase' project on Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1KbBJxJ

Thanks Greg!

Team Illumicase
    ILLUMICASE- PERSONALIZED, CUSTOMIZABLE SMART PHONE CASES. PRE-ORDER YOURS ON KICKSTARTER TODAY: http://kck.st/1KbBJxJ
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:16 pm

0riginking3 wrote:Hi Greg, It's awesome to meet you!

Liked your Facebook page and followed you on twitter :) If you have the time, feel free to have a quick glance at the 'Illumicase' project on Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1KbBJxJ

Thanks Greg!

Team Illumicase

Hi Luke (and rest of team), thanks for reaching out. Your campaign page is pretty decent, though I found the video a bit long given the fairly straight forward product. 2nd video lower on page could also be cut down. I like most of the graphics except your rewards summary...I think a nice clean graphic instead of simple text would've been better. On that note, both in the summary and in the rewards you could've listed the 'savings' % instead or in addition to retail price.

The only other thing is that is that you don't give dimensions of the case. My question about this product from nearly the beginning is how bulky it would be. Further, in one of your drawings, it looks like a 9 volt battery goes in the back (even if it is not) which means the case would be very thick.

I'll give you a shout out, good luck

greg
  • CarzRoadside
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CarzRoadside » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi Gregg,

I just liked your page on Facebook.com. I would really appreciate it if you would give my fund raising campaign for a new smart phone App a shout out to your followers. The link is here below.

https://www.facebook.com/CarzRoadsideco ... ef=profile

Thank you in advance
    Michael
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:45 pm

FamilyFridge wrote:Liked on facebook and followed on Twitter. Exposure is the most difficult aspect of launching a product; it can be amazing, but if nobody's heard of it, it won't go anywhere.

Thanks!
    --Leslie

Hi Leslie, not sure if you were looking for feedback on your campaign. If so, my 2 cents (sorry, short on time today)

Video: I like the first 20 seconds, it is engaging but from that point until 2:10 mark, all there is is shots of the kids with sub-text. It is >1.5 minutes of asking viewers to read while watching kids and babies. I think you could've either shortened it, or done voice over instead of sub-text. Then from 2:10 until 3:36 is yourself (if you are Leslie) talking into camera. While I have no issues with budget-friendly videos, if all you are going to do is talk into the camera, perhaps you want to shorten it. Last point, I have kids and know what it is all about, but your entire video (starting from 00:20 mark) has babies or kids. Would've been goo to give audience a break

Campaign page: a lot of text. Further, you don't need to show every wireframe

This line is scarry "Well, first of all, it’s pretty ugly right now. My husband threw together some quick wireframes when he was last working on it, but he then got hired by a company that legally forced him to distance himself from the project, so I’m just trying to work on the app by myself right now. I don’t know much about programming, so that slowed down the project as well. While we have a basic framework for the application, it will need to be touched up by someone who knows a lot more of what they’re doing, which will take some time and money."

It says you don't know what you are doing, you have no plan, you don't have people that can do the project, and you don't know software. Imagine this from the audience's perspective.

Outreach: not sure how much of this you did in advance

Not trying to discourage you and if not successful, you can always relaunch with better campaign page and planning if this time doesn't work. Overall, I think there may be a market demand for this kind of service.

Best of luck Leslie

Greg
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:47 pm

An FYI to this thread...

I'm happy to give feedback but I am being a lot more discretionary in which campaigns I give a shoutout. I'm not longer just trading an FB like for a shoutout as I have 17k twitter followers. Sorry guys.

Greg