Get feedback on your crowdfunding campaign
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I've backed 200+ projects...reach out with your project

by giftsandcoupons » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:27 am

Wow I didn't know Greg wrote so many helpful comments!

Yes for Evarii I bet you're getting alot of high prices for blasts. I think don't think blasts are the right way forward, you need something more targetted and perhaps site advertising too.

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:47 pm

KickinKnowledge wrote:
    GregSilas wrote:
    KickinKnowledge wrote:Hi Greg,

We'd love your take on our project Evarii Modular Watches - http://kck.st/1iahqI5

I followed you on Twitter and liked your facebook page, and I look forward to sharing knowledge. Thanks in advance for any campaign pointers!

Not sure my reply from last night went through so I'll try again. I think your campaign page and video are good, especially like the campaign page graphics and background music in your video. All your elements seem good though the big question is outreach. Did you prep or are you prepping PR and media outreach? What about non-media (the general public)?

ON your campaign page, your "Share with Friends" FB button midway down your page only links to your own Kickstarter page...FYI

Thanks Greg, I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for the compliments. We are adding a few new elements to the page design and simplifying it this weekend, I agree our page is good, but we were getting very low conversion rates via facebook ads, so there is always room for improvement. We're aiming for media outreach and email lists now. Hoping to hear back from some of the bigger men's fashion, watch, and general high traffic blogs. We've sent out some samples for review and we've gotten positive feedback so far. Most of the funding so far comes from our prelaunch giveaway contest used to build our email list. We're getting ridiculously high quotes on email blasts though, like $2k for 80k clients list from men's style/fashion blogs and youtube stars. Any idea where to buy email blasts for a decent rate? Facebook ads are not giving us the return we're looking for.

I don't know fashion and not well versed with email blasts, sorry I could not help on that.

I'm interested to learn about your prelaunch contest though...can you give me the URL so I can have a peak?
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:59 pm

giftsandcoupons wrote:Wow I didn't know Greg wrote so many helpful comments!

Yes for Evarii I bet you're getting alot of high prices for blasts. I think don't think blasts are the right way forward, you need something more targetted and perhaps site advertising too.

Thanks Giles, very kind of you. And I see you are a serious veteran...255 comments, wow
  • BumperBumpers
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BumperBumpers » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Hey Gregory, just Followed and Liked you! Name is Jerry M.

My product is the answer to parallel parking and the vehicle damage that comes with it... http://kck.st/1gv6TW6

Cheers,
    A useful product for all car owners, Bumper Bumpers >> http://kck.st/1gv6TW6
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:20 am

BumperBumpers wrote:Hey Gregory, just Followed and Liked you! Name is Jerry M.

My product is the answer to parallel parking and the vehicle damage that comes with it... http://kck.st/1gv6TW6

Cheers,

Hi Jerry, thank you. I feel I need to give you feedback on your campaign page, please take it as constructive criticism. If your campaign succeeds, great. If not, I would try again because I think it can be very successful if marketed properly.

Your video: took too long to say very little, too many pics of the same thing, the "it works" fast flashing was annoying, it took until 1:58 mark to actually see the product and I only got a quick glimpse from far away when the guy put it into the trunk. No one ever talked, we didn't see the founder. Giving kudos to the music creator is not a good idea, use the time and space for a call to action

campaign page: far too texty. Show me the product immediately, show me different angles, etc. Less words, more graphics. Also, show me

Your product is easy to understand, no need for a long campaign page. But put a graphic of how it is made, or dimensions...something technical. WHat it's made off, how tough it is, etc.

Good luck Jeremy
  • JenniferKaya
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JenniferKaya » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi Greg,

My kickstarter project is definitely in need of some traffic so a shout out would be appreciated! Here is link to my project:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/je ... -minimalis

Let me know what you think & please support my project if you can !

Thank you and have a nice weekend! :-)
    Last edited by JenniferKaya on Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    JK Wallet Live on Kickstarter!

Slim down your wallet with style and get RFID protection!

Please take a look at my Kickstarter campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/je ... -minimalis
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Yeah I've basically been doing what you've been doing. Checking out KS campaigns and leaving my thoughts on how they could improve it. :D

GregSilas wrote:
    giftsandcoupons wrote:Wow I didn't know Greg wrote so many helpful comments!

Thanks Giles, very kind of you. And I see you are a serious veteran...255 comments, wow
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
    Auraglass
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Auraglass » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi Greg - I am really impressed with your insights and responsiveness on this forum...feels more human than digital. As I can see others are really thankful to you too. Of course a shout out to Sal for creating this forum and crowdcrux... We are new to the crowd funding community and these forums are very educative.

Having been in corporate world for 12 years, and participating in numerous conferences, I totally get "BoardSeat"'s fundamentals! Like the concept and liked your FB page.

We are launching the first product line of our company auraglass.com (feel free to check the website) on Sep-29. Would appreciate your advice on marketing outreach.

Thanks,
    Ankana
  • GregSilas
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by GregSilas » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Auraglass wrote:Hi Greg - I am really impressed with your insights and responsiveness on this forum...feels more human than digital. As I can see others are really thankful to you too. Of course a shout out to Sal for creating this forum and crowdcrux... We are new to the crowd funding community and these forums are very educative.

Having been in corporate world for 12 years, and participating in numerous conferences, I totally get "BoardSeat"'s fundamentals! Like the concept and liked your FB page.

We are launching the first product line of our company auraglass.com (feel free to check the website) on Sep-29. Would appreciate your advice on marketing outreach.

Thanks,
    Ankana

Hi Ankana, thanks for the Like and the compliments. My comments:

1) Website: I don't like that I have to wait 6 seconds looking at a virtually blank screen except for the small icon of the wine glass. Makes me think something is wrong with your site. Do you need that icon and the 6 seconds? Also, I think you should pay for the next level package because you are using the long scroll type with a lot of images and the scroll is very choppy. More bandwidth would improve things, make it smoother. You can also house the images on Cloudflare to save bandwidth

2) marketing: I'm no pro at marketing, nor in the wine or kitchenware industry, but seems to me that because this product is so specific, that it would be easy to target the appropriate journalists who cover wines, wine aficionados, nice restaurants, etc. Also, there are definitely tons of blogs for the wine-world that I would tap into, and I bet a lot of them have subscription based email lists you could leverage off of by spending some ad dollars of guest blogging. There is also likely many online groups (facebook, etc) for wine, and wine gear

hope that helps
    Auraglass
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Auraglass » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:28 pm

We knew you are fast... But didn't expect is fast! :)
    Thanks for the quick feedback and advice... We will convey that to our website development team. Is there an email where we could send you our kickstarter preview link?

Thank you!
    Ankana