Post Reply 262 posts
Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negative?
  • tdavies
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Has your Kickstarter experience been positive or negativ

by tdavies » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:28 pm

Positive: I have learned a lot about reaching out to others, writing a press release, social media marketing, etc.

Negative: My friends and family have not been as supportive as they always claimed, and no matter how much work I put into the campaign, I am yielding no results. I am frustrated and feel stuck.

• gotsinky
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gotsinky » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Its been 4 days since I launched and it has been so positive. The majority of MR Sinkys backers are people I do not know, and they have even sent messages giving me pointers on how to improve my campaign. I happily took their advice. A few backers explained to me that they felt like they had to be very patient waiting for the video I made with my daughter to get to the point. So I took their advice and edited the video so that all the most important info is explained/demonstrated within the first 30 seconds of video... then it gets more into the fun?cute stuff for the next 5 minutes. I am open to more feedback, because so far, every suggestion I have taken has improved my campaign and added backers. Please if you have a moment, let me know where you think I can improve and get more exposure!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80 ... ush-protec
  • christgames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by christgames » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:33 am

I have a Kickstarter project that just started, but it is going slow. I have spammed my friends on Facebook, Twitter, and even paid a few others to help promote me. I think I probably hit 50k faces in different forums, and social media sites. I even posted several press releases. In all of that, I have less than 100 video views. People are ignoring me and not even clicking on the link. Is this normal? Do you need to get the word out to millions just to get a few backers? This is my page. So far my experience has been exhausting with little in return.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... /dashboard
  • nwvteam
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by nwvteam » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:02 am

We have started the project one week ago and we are not very happy :D We have not spammed our friends because we want people to react because they believe in education and responsability and not because they know us. We hoped people all over the world will participate. It is not a simple project precisely because people all over the world should participate. If they do not respond now the project itself is useless. 1 euro from 10000 people could probably mean at least 5000 schools to participate and so at least 5000 opinions from all over the world which could mean an image of our future right now. For those who want to see more details this is the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... rld-vision.
    Good luck to you all ! :)
  • ParseRaider
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ParseRaider » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:56 am

Hello fellas,

It may be to early to be posting here but since the KickStarter experience does not start at time of release of your campaign, I am thinking I am within my rights to post here! [?????]

- Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    Yes, I have a Facebook page set up and not advertised yet
    http://www.facebook.com/ultimate.pickle.jar
    I still have to make a twitter page and the rest.
    WHat is so frusterating is that these pages do not run them selves and I fear I will have no time to tend to them.

- Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    To early to tell as we have only released our KickStarter preview in our signature so far.

- What has been frustrating?
    Well lets see.................:
    1] people you hire who won't drop everything and put your job ahead of the rest of the world.
    2]The post office for being so slow!
    3]Trying a kazillion shopping cart programs and afiliate programs trying to get them set in advance of release of campaign
    4]KILLING time while waiting for the carefully orcastrated madness of pre campaign work to come together into a recognizable and soothing melody.
    5] the above sort of cover it all

- How did you motivate yourself daily?
    The problem is not motivation, it is keeping down jitters :)

- Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    Yes most definetly, we have a lot of people here that could use jobs as compared to selling out patent for a one time price.

- What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)? ple start exact same campaign on both simultaniously. Is that a good idea?
    I think I will try some of the paid to promote sites as I just do not have the time to keep up the one-man-band role I find myself playing now.
    DryClimate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DryClimate » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 pm

So far, it's been a seesaw and it's only been an hour! I love reading through your response and experiences. Good projects that should have been funded that fell short - is it only because of reach?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... r-new-york
  • swapp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by swapp » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:12 am

Ive just launched mine : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/55 ... rdpress-bo
    It's a web app for building responsive websites with no coding skills required. (Fully interactive)

My experience with kickstarter for now :

Positive: Very reactive for the review and validation's process

Negative : - Dashbord does not give enough freedom to edit the project. Limited content management system.

I'd be happy to have your feedbacks on my campaign. Don't hesitate to support and share.
  • JKowsh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JKowsh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:31 am

So far it's been pretty negative. Put a lot of work and money in and can't seem to get anything going.

Edit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... n-lights-1
    Last edited by JKowsh on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • ParseRaider
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ParseRaider » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:08 pm

One thing the KickStarter provides is a format and venue to get your product in front of the masses; eyes.
    Right here you shorted yourself! You did not give a link for your campaign for us to help with input OR to see your product....
    That is "Promotion 101"
    ALWAYS put your link on every post... And starting here could be your best return for the extra typing...... SOmeone here may be dying for your product or wanting to promote your product and will never see where your product is..
    Add it to your signiture is a good idea.
    Mike
  • gildas2k
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gildas2k » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:01 pm

- Have you learned any new skills (marketing/social media)?
    Yes, definitely on social media !

- Have you gotten any backers you don't know?
    Some of them yes, however I started the campaign for Helixee a week ago and on 190 backers, I know the most of it...

- What has been frustrating?
    The difficulty to be visible on Kickstarter (featured projects, search engine, ...)

- How did you motivate yourself daily?
    I know that there is more than twenty days left for my campaign and I haven't tried all options.

- Are you planning on starting a business if your Kickstarter goes well?
    Yeah, it would be very cool, we could launch the production of Helixee and put the product on the market.

- What tools or websites do you recommend (others than this one haha)?
    Thunderclap, Facebook ads, this forum of course :) and backersclub
    As I said, i haven't already try all options, so I will certainly have more recommandations later.

My Kickstarter campaign : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cg ... ected-life
    Gildas Morel des Vallons.
    CTO Novathings
    Our Kickstarter Project : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cg ... ected-life
Post Reply 262 posts