The Scientifical Hamster Project - a case study
    Scientifical Hamster
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Scientifical Hamster Project - a case study

by Scientifical Hamster » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:48 pm

I have launched my first KS project almost three weeks ago - The Scientifical Hamster Table (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sc ... ster-table). A genuinely enormous amount of work has gone into building up the prototype, creating the KS project itself, etc. Unfortunately, by the way things are looking at the moment, the project is heading, full of determination, towards a complete and utter failure. 12 days to go, one lonely backer since day two, and that's pretty much it. So, what went wrong? I would like to make this more of a case study, as I am really trying (and indeed struggling) to understand what has contributed so decisively to this failure. Hopefully, future and current creators will be able to benefit a bit from the information this topic will put together. Here are my three main questions (for the moment):

1. I keep thinking that the product was simply not attractive enough. I still believe that no promotion, no matter how effective, could make up for a product which is not appealing enough. Is this wrong? Is this right? What do you think about the product? Any opinions would be much appreciated. The harsher the better, so long as they're sincere.

2. I am convinced that our promotion strategy left a lot to be desired. For start, there was no pre-launch campaign. We have tried a number of things, but only after the project was already live. Virtually all of them didn't work. Some traffic was delivered to our campaign page, but overall very little. Social media was particularly un-helpful for us which leads me to a very important question: what does one do if one doesn't have even a personal FB account (or has one that was never used)? I know, I know, it's absolutely shocking and outrageous, but such people still exist (not many, though...). Besides, there is so much written out there about promoting a crowdfunding campaign that it all seems to get rather confusing eventually...

3. I don't really think that there is still a realistic chance of the project being funded before it ends, however I would like to hear your opinion as well. As far as I have seen, stranger things have happened...

Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions!

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Scientifical Hamster Project - a case study

by Cristina » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:47 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman