Hey Gamers! Tales of Descent - A modern dungeon crawler
  • wmccullough
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Hey Gamers! Tales of Descent - A modern dungeon crawler

by wmccullough » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:21 am

Hey Everyone,

My name is Will McCullough with Metavirus Games. We've just launched our Kickstarter campaign in order to try to fund the game we are working on, Tales of Descent.

What is Tales of Descent?

Tales of Descent is a classic style dungeon crawler with a few modern additions. The entire game will take place in various different dungeons that are all randomly generated. The pace of the game will involve grabbing keys, fighting monsters, and taking down bosses.

The biggest difference between this game and a traditional dungeon crawler is that improving your character does not require grinding for experience. The game instead focuses on gathering materials from enemies you've slain in order to convert them into charms that can be used to increase stats or upgrade weapons.

This materials based stat upgrades means that you can focus on becoming an amazing melee character, or a mage powerful enough to be rivaled. The game is designed around the idea that the player should be able to build their character exactly the way that they want. The control is in the hands of the player, exactly as it should be!

If you are interested in finding out more, head on over to our Kickstarter page!

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Hey Gamers! Tales of Descent - A modern dungeon crawler

by sbriggman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I really like your cost breakdown. Very transparent. Any way to play the demo if you don't have a windows computer?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • jennjune
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Hey Gamers! Tales of Descent - A modern dungeon crawler

by jennjune » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:46 pm

This looks great!
    love, jennjune.

Check out my kickstarter if you like creator-owned comics/graphic novels: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkersho/r-u-i-n