Quick Question
  • OriginalMoh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Quick Question

by OriginalMoh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi

I am currently working on my kickstarter project. I am based in the United Kingdom, London to be specific. When uploading my campaign, ideally i'd want to upload it in USD as in ($) and not pounds (£)

I've noticed a few campaigns who are London based but yet put their campaign as ($) Through a long research i've realised that campaigns that are in $ usually get funded more than those in £

Is it possible? I tried to create a campaign and make it into dollars but it always forces it to (£)

Here's an example of a UK based project but put in $ currency

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/174 ... f=category

admin
    Site Admin

Re: Quick Question

by admin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:11 pm

What area of London are you in? I spent 3 months in Paddington near edgeware road stop :).

I don't have any research collected on this topic, but it's really interesting now that you mention it- maybe worth my researching and dedicating a blog post to the subject.

I'd recommend maybe reaching out to Kickstarter itself or the local office to ask them this question.
  • OriginalMoh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by OriginalMoh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:17 am

We're based in West London. Shepherds Bush. Me being from the UK i tend to click on projects that are in $ and i'm guessing a lot of people tend to do the same. I personally believe projects in $ get more attention than those in £, things would be easier if it was possible. But thanks for your reply, I'll try do more research if not contact kickstarter. Thank you.

If you were to find an answer for that i think thousands of people would find it beneficial.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Okay, let me know if your research yields any results. I'll try to do the same in the coming weeks.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • eddybox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by eddybox » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 am

Interesting thread! I'm curious to know if either of you did more research on the subject.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:49 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman