International Projects
  • Wez
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

International Projects

by Wez » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:29 am

Heya All, I had some questions that you all may be able to help with. I'm in Australia and I've been recommended to move to the US kickstarter account to present the project in USD rather than AUD.

Are you less likely to back a project that is not in USD? (presuming everything else was equal, shipping etc)
    Do you think anyone else is like to not fund US projects?

I can understand international shipping costs putting off backers but if there is a 10% or more of people who will back USD projects then it is certainly worth considering the move.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Wavebomb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: International Projects

by Wavebomb » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Initially ,our team also want to present the project in USD. Considering we are UK firm,so just only use Pounds to settle the payment.We also worried about the backers not likely to support a project which is not in USD.
    Humphrey
    Team Wavebomb
    Project #Whome# :https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wavebombwhome/417656127?token=05146e25
    Twitter:@WhomeBulb
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Personally, I am more likely to back projects in USD, but if it's a super cool project, I would back nonetheless.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Übertüb
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Übertüb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Is there a way to sell in USD being from another country? All our purchases and pricing is done in the international exchange of USD and I'd like to sell that way since we believe a larger number of our sales will come from the USA anyways. Our rewards are sold to us in USD, product may be produced there and shipping from there... is there a way to specify currency?
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:33 pm

Wez wrote:Heya All, I had some questions that you all may be able to help with. I'm in Australia and I've been recommended to move to the US kickstarter account to present the project in USD rather than AUD.

Are you less likely to back a project that is not in USD? (presuming everything else was equal, shipping etc)
    Do you think anyone else is like to not fund US projects?

I can understand international shipping costs putting off backers but if there is a 10% or more of people who will back USD projects then it is certainly worth considering the move.

Any thoughts appreciated.

I am less likely to back projects where I have to re-enter my credit card data. Thus far, I have not backed several projects that I otherwise would have backed, for that very reason.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • eddybox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by eddybox » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Glad to see others asking about this! Kickstarter always lists campaigns in their local currency, despite the marketplace being global. It seems strange to me, and something that shouldn't be hard for them to change.

I believe that if lots of creators wrote them to request this feature, they'd make it happen.

I've blogged about this (http://www.hemispheregames.com/2015/02/ ... r-request/) and have bugged KS about it a few times now. Please do the same. Hopefully we can get some movement from them!

Thanks,
    Eddy