A new system of volunteer work
  • gandriys
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

A new system of volunteer work

by gandriys » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Hey there. My name is Andriy. I'm 20. I'm a student from Ukraine. I'm studying the computer science. For the past 3 years I've been learning web development and design. I've also worked in this field for a bit but I realized that working for a little money ($1 per hour) and without any higher idea did not bring me any joy. So I quit to open a new page in my life. I chose computer science as my major not because it's popular or just for fun. I've always wanted to create something helpful, new and that would do people's life easier.

My country suffers a big tragedy today and I don't want to stay aside. I've been watching and tracking volunteers for more then year. They are helping our people on East a lot with money, medicines, clothes and other necessaries. I'm sure that a lot more people want to help them but they simply don't know how and which volunteer they can trust , and where their money would go. So I came up with my idea like half a year ago and I've been learning and improving it since then. Now I want to share it with you.With your help I want to create free of charge system of volunteers help that would have friendly, easy and simple interface. The idea is to make a volunteer work much faster, easier and trustworthy. My program will have an interface of user, volunteer and administrator. Thru the interface of user you can make your donations, track the spending of your money ( receipts, pictures, videos). User can also get more information about the volunteer organization he is going to make a donation to. Volunteer can make a list of needs and create a reports on where the money was spent. And administrator will check the volunteers work and expenses and also the progress of the new system. These are just general ideas of how it will look like. If you have any suggestions about this project please feel free to contact me at gandruys@gmail.com

When I release the first version of my project it will be free in source code system Why do I need money for this free project? I need to buy and pay for online hosting for this system. I also need to buy an unique web design. This list will get bigger once I start the website. You can start to help me to create better future right now. Every dollar will be counted. Every donation will be shown on this website in special section for those who helped the idea to become true. I chose location for kikster the USA because my sister lives there and I need her bank account for this project. I also want to make this idea global in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Andriy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... nteer-work

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: A new system of volunteer work

by Cristina » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:05 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman