What's It Like To Live in China? Find Out With My Sitcom!
  • victor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What's It Like To Live in China? Find Out With My Sitcom!

by victor » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Hello fellow Kickstarters! I'm excited to join your ranks as a first-time crowd-funding, Kickstarting filmmaker. I’m the director, co-producer, and co-creator of a bilingual sitcom series set in Beijing, China called "Wok In Progress,” formerly called “No Pets Or Foreigners.” I currently have distribution lined up for my sitcom, but still do not have the funding to create the series. In order to continue producing more episodes, I am turning to Kickstarter to "kickstart" our production. I haven't launched my Kickstarter campaign yet. I'm still trying to make sure I've done everything right. I'd really appreciate it if you could preview my Kickstarter page and give me feedback.

"Wok In Progress" is about the adventures and misadventures of two college drop-outs from the U.S. as they arrive in Beijing for the first time to start a new life for themselves. At the same time, a noodle shop owner/would-be landlord and his gorgeous daughter struggle to make sense of these two "laowai" (foreigners).

Plus, we've got a bunch of cool rewards ranging from “enthusiastic high-fives,” to comedic apology videos by the stars of the show, to a trip to Beijing as an executive producer of “Wok In Progress.”

Here is the link to my Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1JwM0aG