how to open wallets of backers who say they'll back you, but
  • misha
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

how to open wallets of backers who say they'll back you, but

by misha » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:54 pm

What a wonderful forum! Too bad I just found out about this when I have 8 days left...

Do you guys have this problem?
    Friends tell you that they LOVE your idea and they will totally BACK you, but keep their wallets closed?

I didn't want their money, but I really wanted to boost number of my backers in the earlier stage.
    I almost feel like I am trying to sell them a life insurance or something. Some of them are really good friends, but they totally ignored my personal messages.

Do I need a new set of friends or is this common?
    I don't want to lose friends over this, but this has been an interesting experience.
    Now that I have 8 days left...should I resend personal messages or get the clue and leave them alone?

Here is my kickstarter campaign, If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I will match your donation. Just PM me.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/35 ... tto-burger

Thank you!
    Good Luck everyone!

hoost
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: how to open wallets of backers who say they'll back you,

by hoost » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:05 pm

I think you need to be firm with your friends.

About two weeks before your Kickstarter launches, have your friends provide feedback for the look of your Kickstarter campaign so that they feel like they are playing an active role. Also let your friends know EXACTLY when your Kickstarter will launch and also the EXACT deadline for the feedback. Then let them know how crucial it is for you to receive funding within the first couple days of your campaign. Again, tell your friends exactly when you need their donations, otherwise, you won't get it until the last minute. You should also clarify what Kickstarter is and how it works. Some of your friends may not know. Follow up with your friends on the day your Kickstarter launches with a phone call or in person.

That's my advice! Good luck!
  • TwilightTeddiez
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TwilightTeddiez » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:03 am

I suppose that's honestly based on where your friends are currently in their lives and how much you're looking for them to put towards your project. Sometimes situations come up where you don't particularly have the resources to put towards your friend's project. Even I have some siblings who would love to donate to our project, but feels like the amount they would give wouldn't be well worth the donation.

I wouldn't say you should get new friends, cause that would be kinda rude xD I would go about asking them about the donation in a nice manner, maybe drop hints at it during a conversation to see if they are still interested in it. Though I should also say don't give up, many projects have been funded in worse situations at the very last few minutes. It's actually quite surprising some of the things I've seen when it comes to crowdfunding. Especially since you are entering into that "Last few days Reminder" area where people will start putting in all their random donations based on how close you are.

Keep your chin up and shoot for the stars! I'll even broadcast the project on different pages to see if it helps at all ^.^

~Jason Williams
    Remnants of Twilight: Age of Arius is our new project on Kickstarter!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/88 ... e-of-arius
    Bag Hero
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Bag Hero » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:02 pm

I understand the frustration. During my first campaign I did get a number of friends and family to back me while others liked my posts, shared my posts etc but NEVER backed. I do believe that a big issue is people don't understand Kickstarter or "rewards". Try and educate your friends that they are pre ordering and showing they believe in your vision, your dream.

Also, don't rely on friends to make your campaign, you need a plan for PR to get the attention of the backer community. Easier said then done I know.

Good luck
    A chip clip on Steroids!
    http://BagHero.com
    Makes your bags STAND UP!
    Coming to Kickstarter soon.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 pm

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman