I'm from Italy, how to team up with an American?
  • egidio
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I'm from Italy, how to team up with an American?

by egidio » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:29 pm

Hello everybody.

My name is Egidio, I'm 24 and I've written a great short screenplay (35 pages) that could be adapted for a golden feature-film that could bomb the box-office. What I've written is totally Seth Rogen-Evan Goldberg-Apatow crew material. Now, I know that would be hard to get in touch with those guys as they don't accept unsolicited material or pitches and stuff like that, so, what I wanted to know is, is there an effective way to team up with someone, maybe an indie director, in order to start a campaign with me in to find the money to shoot the short? I don't even know how to start. Any help???

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I'm from Italy, how to team up with an American?

by sbriggman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi Egidio. Hmm... It's difficult that you are in Italy. I know a few ways in the US you could meet these kinds of individuals. Have you tried looking into Google+ or LinkedIn groups to meet directors? Are there director or actor networking events near you? In the US, I would recommend using Meetup.com to find these types of events, but I don't know if this website is active in Italy.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • egidio
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by egidio » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 am

I'll look them up, thank you =)

Thing is...look, I don't wanna be cocky, okay? But I believe i have something "big" in my hands and I don't wanna ruin everything with someone who "thinks" he can direct. The ideal budget would be something around $20.000, maybe less, for an half an hour in lenght. The idea is fantastic, it could spark off into a fresh, funny, cool comedy. AGAIN, for those who are familiar with comedy in the style of Superbad, This is the end, 21 Jump Street. I'm looking for someone with a brain twisted enaugh to understand the potential of my creation, other people would turn it down just for the language of the dialogues.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

I would really just keep networking with directors or actors (that might know directors) until you find someone. You might be able to find some more events contacting local universities with a film program.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • egidio
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by egidio » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 pm

thanks for everything, sbriggman. ;)