Funding Issues
  • Joy Ornaments
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Funding Issues

by Joy Ornaments » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 pm

Hello everyone my company is called Joy Ornaments.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1957620134/joy-ornaments-bringing-joy-to-everyone

It is a brand new company with some beautiful Ornament designs. My campaign is 27 days long and it has 11 days to go. We have a goal of $10,000 and currently only have $200 and 2 backers.

I have been working very hard to build a facebook following and have been very successful. In 1 month I have gained 391 page likes and have a post reach of 5,000 people. My issue is I can't get these numbers to translate to my kickstarter project. I have direct messaged people, paid to boost posts of the link, and created an album with my products.

My problem is I can not get my facebook success to translate to my kickstarter project. Why is this? I realize my products are a niche market product for Christmas. Is it too early for me to have ran the project? Would I be more successful running it in November? Are my Ornaments too expensive? These are my current questions, but any advice helps. I thank you all for taking the time.

Thanks
    Joy Ornaments

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Funding Issues

by sbriggman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Joy. That's a pretty good number of likes for one month!

"Is it too early for me to have ran the project? Would I be more successful running it in November? "

I think it would be a good idea to run this kind of campaign when the stores begin stocking shelves with christmas products. They have been doing this for years and seem to have it down as to when people want to buy christmas products. I feel like a lot of people are thinking about halloween right now. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion.

"Are my Ornaments too expensive?"

I don't really buy christmas ornaments (get them a lot of times as gifts), so I might not be the best person to answer this question.

"My problem is I can not get my facebook success to translate to my kickstarter project. Why is this?"

In my experience, internet marketing is all about trial and error. Do you have an idea of how much traffic your facebook posts have driven to your campaign? You can use a service like bitly to measure this. How many likes are you getting on your posts?

You may want to also consider trying to embed images in your post with an appropriate link to see if you get better conversions (rather than just a link and a thumbnail). Who are the people that have liked your page? Friends and family? Paid likes? Past customers?

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • MichaelTumey
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by MichaelTumey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:32 pm

On the very last weekend of funding for my Kickstarter, I posted the following:

This is not a plea, rather a strongly worded request... :D

First of all, thank you, current pledge makers for getting us this far!

While members of this G+ community can expect more free tutorials, map samples and other cartographic coolness - the purpose of this community is to introduce and promote the 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter Project. And I see that there are more members here, than there are contributors to the Kickstarter. So I'm asking, if you'd like to support this community, please make a contribution to the Kickstarter - even if it's at the bottom tier of $15. I am still hoping to fund the 4th stretch goal before it's done.

We've got a little over 48 hours left, and are just about to fund the 3rd stretch goal (within $17) - can you help?

So you could post such a request on your Facebook Page, and/or G+ community if you have one. Asking for an order is one of the key elements of any sales pitch. Put your fans on the spot and ask for them to make a pledge - it worked for me!
    25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter - create stunning RPG maps using any standard graphics software.
  • dominickevans
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dominickevans » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:33 am

I have a similar problem. We've raised $3200, but we've been at a standstill for a few days. Zero pledges and only 6 days to raised $1800. I have tried sales pitching. I even created a landing page showing how people will benefit from giving to the film!

We've come so far, so to lose the money would be heartbreaking at this point. Any advice?
    Trip is a hedonistic relationship drama about a teen mother who must choose between what feels good and what is necessary for a better life.

Find out how you can benefit from donating to Trip!

http://www.tripshortfilm.com/Trip/landing_page.html
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey Dominick - In the past, I have seen creators send out an update saying that if X number of backers raise their pledge by one tier, it would have X effect on the campaign. If people see that you are closer to your fundraising goal, they may be willing to pledge because they will see that their pledge has an impact.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.