AutoAide - Be Smart when Driving or Maintaining Your Car
  • c1ue
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

AutoAide - Be Smart when Driving or Maintaining Your Car

by c1ue » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Getting close to kickoff time for AutoAide - will probably submit to Kickstarter tomorrow.

Here's the video - almost complete: http://youtu.be/FGQ50Me4Xyw

AutoAide is a hardware device which connects your car to your iPhone or Android - to enable you to be smarter when driving or maintaining your car.

This system allows your iPhone or Android to do things like:

1) Tell you what that check engine warning light really is. Most of the time the failure isn't critical, but without AutoAide or some other tool - there's just no way to know
    2) Monitor your car battery so that you'll know when it is time to replace it
    3) Greatly improve GPS accuracy and reduce GPS lock time when using any GPS related app on your smartphone - like Google maps
    4) And at a lower power drain on your smartphone too!
    5) Be able to get navigation directions or see what the street address is by touch. No need to type!
    6) Be able to see when other people are about to leave their parking spot when you need parking. AutoAide enables social parking where AutoAide users who are leaving their parking spots will automatically let other AutoAide users in the area know that a space is about to become available
    7) For select cities to start with, and more as more AutoAide users come on line, be able to see if open parking spots are legal and get automatic parking ticket avoidance reminders
    8) Get automatic reminders when scheduled maintenance is coming up (stretch goal)
    9) Be notified when you're going to be late to an offsite meeting due to traffic (stretch)
    10) Be able to automatically gather business miles driven for tax deduction purposes

All this and more for a one time hardware purchase of $65 - and a free app!

Think of AutoAide as an affordable way to retrofit any car made after 1995 into a Connected Car.

• c1ue
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: AutoAide - Be Smart when Driving or Maintaining Your Car

by c1ue » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Spent nearly 3 weeks getting approved by Kickstarter.

But, finally jumped through the last hoop.

Target kickoff is now Tuesday, October 8.

I actually had the project completed ported onto IndieGoGo when Kickstarter approval came through.

It took me less than 30 minutes to set up an IndieGoGo account and the crowdfund project vs. 2 weeks for Kickstarter setup plus 3 weeks for approval - this 5 weeks doesn't include any original content creation time.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Awesome! Congrats on being accepted finally. That's kind of ridiculous it takes that long. At the same time, the projects are more curated, so higher quality products on the website. I'm not sure which is the better model for creators.

Thanks for sharing this info. I'm sure it will help other creators looking to launch a campaign and remind them they should be loose with their scheduling, as they don't know when they will be accepted.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • c1ue
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by c1ue » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Salvador,

Yes, I was rather annoyed by the process.

I do totally appreciate what Kickstarter is doing and why - also I believe a big part of the problem is that the technology submissions are looked at a lot more carefully.

On the other hand, as a creator and business planner - I'd ideally like to see faster turnaround times on feedback.

Anyway, for PR coordination purposes, AutoAide will go live at 9 am EST on Wednesday, October 9.

Preview link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170 ... n=d1e870bc
  • c1ue
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by c1ue » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Due to PR feedback, AutoAide just went LIVE!

www.goo.gl/r2oioG

Notice the tracking/shortening URL... ;)