How many hours do you spend/week on your project?
  • AlexUnited
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many hours do you spend/week on your project?

by AlexUnited » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:45 am

In the run up to the campaign we spent 5+ hours a day on the campaign with a team of 3 of us working on it.
    Now our project is live there isn't that much we have done apart from a few updates.
    Anyone have any tips on what we can do to promote the page now that it is live and we have had a bunch of initial shares.

Here is the link to the page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gr ... s/51-north

• JeffEcoTours
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JeffEcoTours » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 pm

1. I spend about an hour each day trying to promote my project.
    2. So far its not working.
  • Hoppers
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Hoppers » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:36 pm

I giggled when i saw this blog and just had to reply! I think the better question would be how many hours DON'T we spend per week on our project! We have been eating, drinking and uh NOT sleeping for over 4 months now! This will be our first project, an independent Sci-Fi thriller, HOPPERS. We are doing things a bit differently having started off with nothing. We are first going for our trailer funding and then after trailer complete will go back for the films funds. I am praying we blow it up and with stretch goals get it all at once. One could dream! No matter what this has been the most exhilarating experience. We have all our cast and cinematographer, sfx and cgi all ready to go. just need the funds!! btw i am Lisa and my husband Joey is the screenwriter. nice to be here and read so very many relatable comments! thanks! :P
  • Hoppers
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Hoppers » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:39 pm

We are going live in a few days and I think that is when you don't sleep at all, seeing some of the previous posts, 1 hour a day, 5 hours a day and not much to do. We know it won't be like that for us, it will be constantly working social media and getting the word our every minute of everyday. using the crowd funding sites to help us promote and continually going leaving no stone unturned until we reach our goal!
  • Hydrosphere101
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Hydrosphere101 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:09 pm

I usually spend six hours per day, six to seven days a week. That time is spent formulating various aspects of the plan, usually i focus on one aspect per day. I feel that this is the best method to stay organized. Also, more can be accomplished using this method.
  • Amillux
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Amillux » Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 am

We put in somewhere around 200 hours between myself and my partner prior to launch. Since Launch yesterday we've been paying attention to the project pretty much non-stop. Doing a lot of communication via smartphone with social media and potential media outlets.
  • Benji90
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Benji90 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm spending about 48 hours per week on my game project (http://www.indiedb.com/games/overdosed)
    Hoping to be successful enough to get my own office and get a few more people on board :)
  • ookamithewolf1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ookamithewolf1 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:16 pm

at this point it's pretty much my day job. Comics are a long process, and an entire page can take about 10 hours.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... cs/soloist

A lone female traverses the skies of South America and discovers adventure, intrigue, and espionage all while flying solo.
  • ookamithewolf1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ookamithewolf1 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 pm

JeffEcoTours wrote:1. I spend about an hour each day trying to promote my project.
    2. So far its not working.

I know the feeling. You should include a link to your kickstarter as your signature. It can help
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... cs/soloist

A lone female traverses the skies of South America and discovers adventure, intrigue, and espionage all while flying solo.
  • wanderlust
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by wanderlust » Sat May 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Currently I have been putting about 2 hours a day trying to write letters to promote my campaign. Whether it be letters, connecting with like minded people or just reading up on how to get my project out there into the big world of sponsors.

Aside from that I play guitar for about an hour a day in hopes that one day I can play on stage.