Kickstarter Campaigns from non KS countries
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Kickstarter Campaigns from non KS countries

by kelly101 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:53 pm

In the rules for starting a campaign KS lists the countries that are approved, US,UK Ireland, Oz etc.. and you need to prove to KS that you are a permanent resident and have a bank account in one of these countries.

After briefly scanning KS I notice multiple projects from non approved countries, is this an oversight on KS or is there a way for non approved countries to launch a campaign?

I haven't listed any of the projects as I don't want to get them in trouble, but a brief search for Greece or Bosnia will display a list of projects from these countries ( Do KS have to allow advertising under EU equality rules??)

Who can use Kickstarter?

Kickstarter is open to backers all over the world.

Meanwhile, project creation is currently available to individuals in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, Norway and Sweden who meet the requirements below.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Campaigns from non KS countries

by sbriggman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:12 pm

You could set up a company in one of the approved countries and launch that way.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • H&RStudios
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Kickstarter Campaigns from non KS countries

by H&RStudios » Sun May 03, 2015 10:53 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to have a resident person in a KS country (fulfilling all the requirements) acting on behalf of a legals entity from outside that country.
    If that is feasible, should the entity (company) register for vat in the KS country? Or should that be done only if it expects to go past the vat turnover amount?
    All the best,
    H