Introduction to UTOPIA - help please
    paulgodard
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Introduction to UTOPIA - help please

by paulgodard » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi everybody.
    I am a passionate landscape photographer living near Cape Town in South Africa.
    I call my new photographic project UTOPIA, a new vision of Mother Earth.
    I am also a web developer who is often spending too much time behind a computer screen. So I normally "hate" spending more time on social media. However, last year, I decided to put some serious efforts to built up my online presence as a photographer on FaceBook. Then for a few months, I travelled through remote places in Southern Africa, where it was almost impossible to access the internet... conclusion my active presence on FB when back to almost zero. I realise that I can not do both! I need to be out there scouting and taking photos.
    So far, I have auto-financed all my expeditions, but can not do it anymore... so I looked at crowdfunding the project and offer real valuable perks in return to potential backers (ebook, movie, dvd, book, photos, even expeditions...).
    I am almost ready to launch my campaign on Indiegogo (my only option in RSA), apart that I am still putting the video together.
    But I need help to promote the project before and during the campaign. I dream of finding a crowdfunding expert who would love the project and become an active member of my team... Is this an utopian vision?
    I will appreciate any advise.

Paul Godard - Cape Town
    Soul Photography
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Introduction to UTOPIA - help please

by Charles » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:30 pm

Truly, you've taken some gorgeous photos. Not sure how you didn't notice a group of about a hundred ostriches, but your photography is nothing short of magnificent, Paul!
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2