Post Reply 363 posts
How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
    JonnyThermo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by JonnyThermo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:02 pm

1. Made my first pledge today, i am new to kick starter but am enjoying the possibilities.

2.I will definitely be backing more in the future, projects that capture my attention.

Jonathan Scott

Thermo Tents
    We will lead, never ever follow..

http://www.thermotents.com
  • russbrett
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by russbrett » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:41 pm

I have backed 11 projects on Kickstarter.

10 comic book projects and 1 card game (Pixel Glory).

With the comic books, I look for alternative takes on super-hero stories.

The very first project I backed was called "Henchmen." It was about the henchmen that get hired by villains when they commit crimes. The main character was down and out on his luck and answered a mysterious ad in the PennySaver. It was a lot of fun.

The project I most recently backed is called "Hero Hourly": https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... ero-hourly

It's kind of the opposite view of Henchmen, in that it exists in a world where super-powers are easy to come by, and being a "Hero" is a minimum wage job.

I like to find creators who NEED the funding to get the project made (as opposed to creators who already have a completed project and are just using Kickstarter as a method for sales).

It's probably because that's the boat I'M in.

Great forum.

Russell
    Sidekicks (Writer & Co-Creator)
    http://kck.st/1zLENZ7
  • GrubTon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by GrubTon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:54 pm

We've back 8 so far, and they're all games. Our current Kickstarter is a game, so we love to help out like-minded individuals!
  • KSBacker44
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by KSBacker44 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:29 pm

I just backed my first project. My friend forwarded info, and the project was really cool so I backed it.
  • Gamelover
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Gamelover » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:19 pm

I just started to back projects because I am a game lover and I love to play games and I think it is important to help those people out there who have great games. I just backed this one game called Paws: Devious Dogs vs Crafty Cats and I did so because first off it looked like such a fun game. It reminded me of the games I played when I was a kid with my mom and then the bonus of it having dogs on it :) My family and I always enjoyed game time. Even after my parents split, my mom and I still played games. This particular game reminded me of those games. On top of that this game is the first game for them and I can see the effort that was put into the game. I am a firm believer in helping the underdog. Right now it is CHEAP too!! Check it out!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... -card-game . Id love to hear other suggestions that are like this game if anyone has any.
  • aknicholas
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by aknicholas » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:50 pm

I've backed 6 projects and created 6. I'm not trying to match 1:1 but feel its important to back projects to go through the process and learn about being a backer, both technically and emotionally. For example, one guy disappeared with our money without delivering. Now I know the skepticism of backers.

I am astounded by some of the big backers out there. I applaud you.
  • Anne52Teas
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Anne52Teas » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:04 am

aknicholas wrote:I've backed 6 projects and created 6. I'm not trying to match 1:1 but feel its important to back projects to go through the process and learn about being a backer, both technically and emotionally. For example, one guy disappeared with our money without delivering. Now I know the skepticism of backers.

I am astounded by some of the big backers out there. I applaud you.

This saddens me to hear that someone didn't deliver. It makes things so much harder on those of us who are honest and are genuinely trying to get their product backed.
  • mhoybook4
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mhoybook4 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Please consider contributing to and promoting my Indiegogo Campaign -- a Percussion Studio for Underprivileged Students.

www.igg.me/at/percussionstudio

Thank you!
  • Jdaniel006
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jdaniel006 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:12 am

1. I have backed 3 projects through Kickstarter. I usually look for a project or company that nobody has tried to do a Kickstarter for.
    I recently backed an antler company out of Jackson Hole, WY. I have never seen antlers on Kickstarter and being a hunter, know that they are very hard to find.
    Check them out here:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... er-company

2. I back projects because of my personal likes and like to know something about what they are doing, personally. Like the last company I backed....antlers are expensive to buy, hard to work with, and hard to find! With all of these challenges, I wish them a success and want to back!
  • Newbie937
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Newbie937 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:28 pm

1 or 2

i back them because i want the rewards (the product they're selling)
Post Reply 363 posts