Funded in just 5 days! What I've learned so far...
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Funded in just 5 days! What I've learned so far...

by Charles » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:36 pm

thomas0226 wrote:Great read and loved watching your progress. Being new to kick-starter, how can i best fund my campaign quickly? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/28 ... nav_search

You might want to start by actually investing some time into the revision of your project page, which is visually dead, aside from your project image.

Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • SmithShawn
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SmithShawn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Congratulations! Out of curiosity, did most of your backers come from your Mailchimp campaign, or via Social media and promotions? We have just mailed out to our network and are also making a full push this week on Social Media and Press Release sites to gain supporters for our Mobile Game, "Disaster Defender" (see https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... r-defender)

Thank you!

Shawn Smith, Peace Foundation
  • cleanissoap
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by cleanissoap » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:44 am

Solardy wrote:Hi Brandi,

Thank you very much.
    I have been trying to use solar powered device as much as possible. But some solar powered device are pretty ugly. Or sometimes it just plain useless. I have a fancy melody in motion wall clock, I have thought of many ways to get it powrerd by solar cell. But without a factory involved, many solar cell in radioshack with hand soldering process will ruin my lovely looking clock. That's why I decide to initiate this project. Hopefully I can build a nice looking solar cell solution to help people with same need.

Alec

Y

Hi Alec, I agree with Brandi, sounds like a great idea. Hopefully with your relaunch you'll attract the audience you deserve. I think your video looks good, but in all honesty I think you may be missing that personal connection that helps drawn in a lot of crowd funding support.

Have you considered adding some additional videos/information about you, your background, what this project means to you, etc? I think that would go a long way towards helping you hit higher numbers next time around.

One other thing to try would be be offering a new way of explaining how Solardy works. Perhaps a short video rather than the simple stills would help people see just how easy it is to install and operate.

Great campaign and great product, best of success to ya!

Matt
  • HarryBraswell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by HarryBraswell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:20 am

There are some real nuggets of crowdfunding wisdom in this post. I studied dozens of scholarly crowdfunding articles before launching my campaign, and I could definitely vouch for some of the truths you point out here.
    Very well-written and useful!
    Best<
    Harry Braswell
    http://kck.st/1LZYrM3