Post Reply 252 posts
Share Your Best Crowdfunding Tip From Your Experience
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Share Your Best Crowdfunding Tip From Your Experience

by sbriggman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:47 pm

@SigMat Glad the advice has been helpful! We want to try to keep to sharing tips in this thread so it's not overwhelmed by self-promotion and stays to being good advice.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • DougK
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DougK » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:22 am

Don't neglect your friends and family! Yes, they may skew your market. Maybe just backing because they love you. But, hey, take that love!

All the best!

DougK
    My first Kickstarter. 48 bodyweight exercises on a deck of playing cards. Cardio, upper and lower body and core workouts.
    http://www.workoutdecks.com/kickstarter
  • jackbliss
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jackbliss » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Thanks for all tips everyone! One tip I have is to let your friends and family about the Kickstarter you are making months before you actually release it so they can save up some money to support your Kickstarter immediately before others come in. A funded Campaign from the very start always looks better and more reliable! :)
    FalsAlarm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by FalsAlarm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks for the tips everyone :)
  • BFFstartup
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BFFstartup » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Thank you everyone for your great tips and advice!

My business partner and I have just launched our own campaign on Kickstarter. We offer a technology based opportunity.

Our concept is a global directory system which offers the worlds information in the palm of our hands. Covering all industries, concepts and opportunities. From fashion to music, news to education, everything accessible in one location on your phone and computer.

We are grateful for all your advice and we are highly active in promoting our opportunity. We promote daily on social media, web based platforms such as this wonderful forum, and personal networking events.

We would appreciate any advice, tips and support anyone can give us! We are passionate about our company and we intend on seeing it achieve success!

Wish wish everyone the best with their business opportunities as well!
    youandmegames
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by youandmegames » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Having just launched a campaign I'm not sure how much of an expert I am, but here are my three tips:

- Write or design your promotional material before you launch the campaign.
    When you launch a campaign you want to make an immediate impact, so write the press releases, design the images, subscribe to forums, etc. in advance of starting the campaign to speed up the process.

- Use an SEO friendly title
    I work in SEO and my game's called 'Funny Feeling'. On Kickstarter I made it 'Funny Feeling Party Game' as a lot more people search for 'party game' and therefore the page gets more visitors as a result of this.

- Include a bio of yourself, an indication of how you play your game (or use your product) and a call to action in your video.

Hope that helps!
    We've just launched Funny Feeling on Kickstarter - a fun party game where instead of guessing the action or saying, players guess the feeling AND character you're playing (e.g. Happy Werewolf or Frantic Yoga Teacher).
  • Alex L
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Alex L » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:25 pm

Quick clarifying question about the tax issue: shouldn't all donations be deductible as a business expense as long as you spend the money in the same year you raise it? That's part of what makes this a great time of year to get your project running
  • sdiacono
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sdiacono » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 am

I´m starting my project; and I think that a video is the most important resource to get to the people, something dynamic and easy to see.
  • sdiacono
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sdiacono » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:52 am

thanks for the tips everyone!!
  • AutumnBurton
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AutumnBurton » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:02 am

These are really helpful to people like me who are new to crowdfunding! I am 15 years I've recently started a fundraiser on Indiegogo as my kickstarter campaign was unsuccessful. I am raising money to continue my ballet training over the summer and as my Dad was laid off last year money has been very tight. I've done everything from saving all my money to working as many hours as possible after school but I am still short over $2000. If you can contribute any amount please do so here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/autu ... t-training or if you have any more suggestions, I am happy to hear them!
Post Reply 252 posts