Dating App (Free) In first 3 Days! BURNED by PRNewsWire.Now?
  • lovapp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Dating App (Free) In first 3 Days! BURNED by PRNewsWire.Now?

by lovapp » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:05 am

We launched 2 PRNewsWire Releases and $500 later have absolutely no traffic.Where should I dedicate my time?

Not interested in trades or anything shady just honestly what actions need to be taken during a campaign.

Here it is here:
    http://kickstarter.lovapp.co

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Dating App (Free) In first 3 Days! BURNED by PRNewsWire.

by Cristina » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 pm

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • lovapp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lovapp » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:00 pm

ping
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:29 pm

Ping. So, I talk about this a bit in my advertising guide, but the important thing is to first establish that people like the product from a product standpoint and from a people pledging standpoint. Otherwise, you can spend money for traffic and it might get you no where.

See: http://www.crowdcrux.com/advertising-gu ... -campaign/

If you're willing to take the risk, then I think it's most important to track the traffic and begin to establish some conversion metrics in terms of X number of people = X number of new backers.

If the press release did not generate traffic for you (taking that to mean no write-ups in media publications), that might mean that no journalist was interested in the story as it was presented or they are not looking for that type of story at the time for their publication.

The creator I interviewed today had some good PR experience from doing outreach for the first time during their campaign. See: http://www.crowdcrux.com/how-a-healthy- ... ckstarter/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by kelly101 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Hello,
    I think your video is good, but there are lots of things I would clarify before releasing a PR

If I was a tech reporter, I would be suspicious of your budget and claims for the following reasons.

5K for Advertising an App? Has the app already been produced - Even having it done in India will cost you twenty grand- you are going to use data mining from facebook to determine peoples personality? - this is impressive stuff!
    You should put up more information about what stage the app is at, what have you done so far to fund the app etc..

If you wanted this application made in the US it would cost at least $50K, and the whole subconcious thing? Do you have a clinical psychologist creating the algorithms?

Im guessing from the budget you require for advertising that you haven't started the production of the app?
  • lovapp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lovapp » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:03 am

Correct we're all nerds and designers so no advertising. Budget is mostly for paid ads and releases. We can develop added features ourselves. Ppl seem to want us to integrate Twitter and Instagram which we need added hands. Currently we are in beta and refining our app. I'll try your suggestion thanks.
  • aknicholas
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by aknicholas » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:49 pm

I've not found success with paid promotion. When somebody voluntarily reposts my projects, it gets a lot of backers. People tend to ignore ads and other forms of paid promotions, but they pay attention to their friends. Your product may be different, but I am using only organic methods of getting the word (or in my case, image) out.
  • Vichimen54
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Dating App (Free) In first 3 Days! BURNED by PRNewsWire.Now?

by Vichimen54 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:11 pm

They all just lie always because I also used these types of dating apps and I was always disappointing. But thanks to trans girl dating app which is really amazing app with the best features. I think you must go for it.
  • JordanAvery
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JordanAvery » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:57 pm

aknicholas wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:49 pm I've not found success with paid promotion. When somebody voluntarily reposts my projects, it gets a lot of backers. People tend to ignore ads and other forms of paid promotions, but they pay attention to their friends. Your product may be different, but I am using only organic methods of getting the word (or in my case, image) out.
    You should try influencers or social media platforms in general. These things work these days
  • Hurenwer
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Dating App (Free) In first 3 Days! BURNED by PRNewsWire.Now?

by Hurenwer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm

Are you sure I can find love there? Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone good for a long time, but I still hope to be lucky. Therefore, I have searched many places with millions of active matrimonial users on the Internet for different applications and sites for meetings. So now I correspond with a lot of people and even found a few candidates. I like it when people can talk to me calmly, immediately feel that they are safe. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable with me, like I don't want to feel awkward talking to a person.
    Last edited by Hurenwer on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.