Crowdboxpr
  • Jessiemoss
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Crowdboxpr

by Jessiemoss » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Has anyone heard of crownboxpr before? I got emailed them within a few mins of posting my 1st campaign and they offer a few PR campaigns but was wondeirng if anyone had used them before?
    http://crowdboxpr.com/pricing2/

My Campaign:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... drens-book

Advice welcome on any other reliable people, i need some support!

Jess

• chovasana
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Crowdboxpr

by chovasana » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 am

Hi Jessie...
    I got the same message from CrowdBoxPR right after I launched my campaign and decided to give it try without doing my research. Steer clear. There is no info about them on the internet except for on scamadviser.com .... Red Flag.
    Unfortunately, I learned the hard way but hope you did not pay them already. There are a ton of free services out there that will post press releases. Write up an article about your campaign with the link to your facebook and campaign and post it as many places as possible. I hope this helps. Good luck with your campaign...
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Crowdboxpr

by sbriggman » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:24 pm

I have not heard of them, but would google them and their domain name.

We're seeing a lot of social media promotion and "pr" firms popup out of nowhere and inbound message creators promising them riches. It's becoming more of a problem - have to write a blog post on this soon. I got emailed the other day from a creator who was scammed out of $500 which is ridiculous and upsetting.

If you do pay for a service online, always use a third party like PayPal so that you can dispute charges.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.