What to do if you have not much contacts
  • twentyfirstfinger
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What to do if you have not much contacts

by twentyfirstfinger » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi, I'm from Kiev, Ukraine. Despite the hard times in my country, I still want to start a business. Decided to start Kickstarter campaign. Unfortunately, the campaign is not moving - for three days only three bakers. It seems to have done not bad. We were the most honest and simple, made the video. Now I understand that missed the point that it was necessary to advertise the campaign.But unfortunately I do not have contacts in the field of my project. I do everything for the first time, but try very hard.
    What advice do you have to do at this stage?
    How to promote the campaign??

I would be grateful for your feedback.
    Link to the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1030767394/twentyfirstfinger
    Last edited by twentyfirstfinger on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• twentyfirstfinger
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What to do if you have not much contacts

by twentyfirstfinger » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 pm

And also sorry for my English. Hope you'll understand everything)))
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:17 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Chao33
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Chao33 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:47 am

I'm facing the same problem now.
    I've outreached everyone I know and my project backers stopped growing :(

let's help each other out......
    back me $1 and I'll back you $1!

check out how it's important in my article here: help-backers-back-me-1-and-i-ll-back-you-back-t4707.html
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 pm

It's a challenge if you don't have that initial 30% or if you don't have a product that the community doesn't seem to be rallying around. I think it comes down being willing to form those connections, which are also necessary for business, and then relaunching at a later point.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Samantha & Monika
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Samantha & Monika » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:43 am

Try advertising on Twitter and Instagram. Use Kickstarter hashtags, and similar tags that describe your business. And be sure to post a photo from your ad advertising the underwear. That gets passed around a lot.
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by kelly101 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:12 pm

I would say that you should try and build your social media following before launching your campaign. Open a twitter account and try grow your numbers naturally.
    Use your connections in the design field to spread the word.
    Do men buy underwear online? Perhaps a more traditional source of funding would be appropriate - reach out to fashion houses and groups that support small businesses in the Ukraine.
  • annehelman
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by annehelman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Even though you do not have many contacts in the field of your business, ask all available friends and family to take a look at your campaign and to help out in any way that they can. Also ask them to spread the word.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:56 am

Your Kickstarter project is 37 hours away from concluding its campaign cycle. You have the choice of cancelling it, or just letting it run its course and conclude unsuccessfully. Here are some comments and observations for food for thought, in case you decide to relaunch the project at a later date.

1. Many Kickstarters fail on their first attempt. If at first you do not succeed, try try again.

2. Being in Day 29 of a 30 day crowdfunding campaign cycle, your Kickstarter project page lists your project as having a grand total of just six shares on Facebook. That does not denote much in the way of effort, as far as getting the word out about your own campaign. Thus, every four days or so, it got shared just a single time. That approach will likely NEVER succeed for you.

3. Your project page is dominated by black and white images. Why? Color provides more visual punch, and especially when utilized in conjunction with human beings.

4. You're attempting to market a product, but you're attempting to market it to human beings. You're selling men's underwear, but you make no real use of women as imagery. You incorporate some good male models, as far as how they look - but, look at what it netted you. The problem isn't your product - it's your showcasing of it, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say, your failure to showcase it. It lacks visual punch. Because it lacks visual punch, it lacks excitement. You need to generate more positive energy. Consider various ways that running shoes get marketed, for comparison's sake.

5. Your company's social media presence is almost non-existent. This explains the lack of shares, that and your own lack of effort.

Anna Davidenko has 1,256 friends on Facebook. Yet, your project has 6 shares, according to your Kickstarter project page? How much effort is the whole team putting into it?

6. Over a span of 29 days, you failed to post any Updates on your Kickstarter project page. Your project page also has zero Comments on it. You cannot create buzz about your product or your project that way.

7. The Ukraine is in the news a lot, these days. Your product fails to utilize that to its advantage. Is your underwear the key to lasting peace in that region? Or just lasting comfort? Can your product bridge the proverbial and real divide? The real battle is the search for better underwear. The real fight is finding it. There's an infinite number of ways to market underwear. You chose a very bland and sedate approach. That doesn't craft an image of excitement for you. Think outside the box. Find or craft a way to make the introduction to your product more interesting to people, both men and women. After all, many men don't shop for their own underwear.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Jonathan08
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jonathan08 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:21 am

Great points by Charles. Good luck my friend.